Chapter 35

Chapter 35

“All right. You guys are dismissed,” Mr. E said with a nod.

Immediately, everyone stood up from their seats and greeted our teacher with a goodbye. I sighed out heavily as the list of all our assignments had flashed in my head.

“Erin.”

I looked up to where the voice was coming from and found Mr. E at sight. My eyes widened and I instinctively took a few steps back.

“M-Mr. E?”

I looked around me and found that almost everyone in class had left except the two of us. I mentally slapped myself as scary thoughts emerged.

“Erin, could I ask you to do something for me? I am needed in a teacher’s meeting in the next minute. Please take my things to the teacher’s faculty,” he asked, giving me his possessions. I grabbed them and carried them with ease.

“Just go straight ahead and you’ll see a door with a sign saying ‘Teacher’s Faculty.’ Get in and look for a green table. Just drop my things on the green table,” he directed.

I nodded my head. “A-All right.”

“Thanks a lot, Erin.”

I made my way to the teacher’s faculty and found the hallways empty. Usually, on Fridays or Thursdays, the hallways would be bustling with students. Well, since today is Monday, I guess everyone wanted to immediately go back to their dorms and study. Maybe it was because our exams are coming up soon..

I scowled at the thought. Darn, I’m going to have to study as early as now. Once I’m done with this errand, I’m running to my dorm.

I found the door that had the sign ‘Teacher’s Faculty.’ I knocked on it thrice and opened it.

“Sorry to disturb,” I called out as I went inside. I felt cold air touch my skin. I looked around the faculty and found it to be nearly empty. All of them probably went to the teacher’s meeting.

I scouted for the green table Mr. E had told me about. Brown..Yellow..Red..

My eyes gleamed as they had landed on a green table. A small golden sign was placed atop the table with the words written: Mr. E, 12A adviser.

I smiled a bit, happy that I found his table. I neatly placed his things on top of his table and was about to head for the door. I jumped violently as I felt someone’s hand land on my shoulder. 

“W-wha—?”

My eyes landed on a familiar blonde head. A playful smile played on his lips.

“P-Prince Darren! You—”

“Shh!” he hushed, covering my mouth with his hand.

I removed his hand away from my face. “What are you doing here?” I whispered.

He smirked. “Have you forgotten? I’m working as a teacher’s assistant in this school.”

I narrowed my eyes at him. “That’s not what I meant. Isn’t there a teacher’s meeting?”

“I’m an assistant teacher,” he replied. “So I don’t really count.”

“Prince Darren!”

He laughed. “Yeah, I know. But hey, you better call me Darren. You calling me prince is way too..formal,” he cringed.

I rolled my eyes at him. “Mr. A, then,” I smirked.

Prince Darren’s face scrunched up in disgust. “Really, Erin?”

I stuck my tongue out at him. I turned my heel to leave but felt his hand caught my arm. I felt him pull me and then cringed as my back met the wall. He trapped me in between his arms and leaned closer.