Chapter 47: The First and Last Promise

Author's note: OKAAAY, I feel like you guys are going to hate me sooo much after this chapter. Haha. So read with caution. ;__; I apologize if you're really going to hate me for what I've done in this chapter.

Chapter 47

“Erin, are you okay?”

I blinked and realized I had immersed myself in my thoughts. It’s all because of Seth! I mean, I somehow can’t seem to find myself thinking straight anymore. It’s as if I’ve stepped on a landmine. Why do I feel like I’ve made the wrong move?

“Haha,” I replied, forcing a laugh that seemed too fake. “What makes you say that, Sana?”

Sana pursed her lips at me. She had worry and concern held in her eyes. “You’re as pale as a sheet, Erin. You’re sweating bullets too.”

“O-oh, am I?” I answered cheerily, touching my neck. I felt cold sweat as I came into contact with my skin. Shoot, she’s right.

Sana nodded, furrowing her eyebrows at me. “What happened, Erin? Did something happen earlier?”

I quickly shook my head at Sana. “N-no! It’s just.. I guess I just don’t feel so good,” I told her weakly.

Sana only looked at me with concern. “Maybe you should go to the garden over there. For fresh air,” she suggested.

I looked to where she pointed at and found French doors completely open, revealing a garden. Yeah, maybe she’s right. Maybe I should get some fresh air to breath. Because honestly, I felt like I was being choked.

“Oh, I could come if you want,” Sana chirped, standing up from her seat.

Before I could reply, a new voice came. “Excuse me but, can I have the privilege of dancing with you?”

Sana and I turned to look where the new voice was coming from. I raised a brow at who was before us. He was towering over us, wearing a smooth black tuxedo and a grey mask. Despite him wearing a mask to conceal his identity, his hair totally gave him away.

He had blue hair that definitely made him striking in this room.

I frowned at Noah. I thought he’d ask me for the last dance. Right now, it’s still too early for that.  “Uh, no I—”

“Not you,” he answered, annoyance dripping from his tone. “Her.”

He gestured towards Sana with his arm. “May I dance with you?”

Sana had a tint of red, embarrassed by the sudden request. She turned to look at me with worry and looked at Noah again.

“Sorry but—”

“She’d love to,” I smiled, putting an arm around Sana. I leaned closer to her and whispered, “It’s all right Sana. I can go to the garden alone.”

“A-are you sure?”

“Yeah, so go and dance with him,” I smirked. She smiled shyly and nodded. I’m definitely hitting Noah for that condescending tone he had earlier. What’s with him? After that horrid attitude of his, he’s making me change my mind about giving him my last dance.

Once the two finally left, I made my way to the open French doors. Not surprisingly, there were a few people out here. Most of them were couples, getting too close to one another.

My nose met green life as my eyes met shrubs of all shapes and sizes everywhere. What attracted my attention was the gorgeous flowers scattered everywhere, releasing an intoxicating scent that would soothe your nerves.