Chapter 23

Chapter 23

I continued to stare blanky at the whiteboard, unable to hear what the teacher was saying in front of me.  We were now done with the introductions, now we’re meeting our teachers. But ever since Lucas had whispered those words, the world had turned mute. I’m dead. No, not literally.

“—I hope you guys enjoyed meeting your teachers. This is your final year. So please do your best.”

I looked up and saw that it was now the messy-haired teacher who was in front. How many teachers had introduced themselves, I don’t know.

Although one teacher did caught my eye. It was a teacher with pink hair. She’s going to be our.. special chemicals teacher? Not sure.

“All right, class! You guys will be having a pretest today to see how you are,” started the teacher. He had a pile of neat papers in his grasp. “I will pass it now. Those who fail this test will be watched more than ever. By that, I mean they will be under my watch, more closely than the rest. While those who excel will be glad to know they shall stay independent from the teacher’s eye.”

“Please pass it,” he instructed as he handed it to the students who were in the first row.

I received my paper and passed it behind me. Okay, I can do this. I just have to focus. Focus.

“I will only be giving you guys 30 minutes. Please be mindful of the time.”

I started on my paper and grabbed a pencil from my bag. 

Who is your teacher on Magical creatures?

What..what is this?! This isn’t concerning academic subjects! Okay, relax. Maybe its only the first question, right? Moving on..

From what Kingdom is your Arts teacher from?

My mind blanked for a mere second. This is so messed up! I don’t know the answers to the first two questions! Are they trying to get me to fail?!

“Ten more minutes, class.”

I looked anxiously around me, looking if there were others who couldn't answer as well. To my surprise and misfortune, almost everybody was busy scribbling their answers. Are they serious? No wait. It’s me! I’m at fault here! If it weren’t for me getting distracted, I would at least get a couple of points here!

No..It’s Lucas’ fault! If it weren’t for his words, I would have aced this test! Stupid! That idiot!

I scanned my test paper, hoping if there were any academic questions: none. All the questions were pertaining to the teachers, if not, their Kingdoms. What makes this test even harder is that its identification! The least they could do was make it multiple choice! At least I’d have an answer.

“Five minutes left.”

I’m doomed. Doomed. Doomed. All because of that stupid Lucas. That stupid idiot. I still anxiously looked for hope if there was anyone who didn’t listen as well. I doubt it. I think everyone listened. So unfair!  

“Two more minutes.”

Should I at least answer a few of them? Okay. Let’s see what I can answer.

Who’s your Values Education teacher? Nope, don’t know that.

What’s the name of your adviser? Gaah. Sana just said his name, didn’t she? Why cant I remember?!

From what Kingdom is your adviser from?

I looked up from my test paper and saw the messy-haired teacher observing everyone. Ah, I get it. He gave us this kind of a test to see who are those who listen, and who are those who don’t. So that’s why he’s saying that those who fail will be watched more closely than the rest. I’m doomed! If I don’t answer this, he’s going to keep a closer eye on me than everyone else!