Chapter 24

"So how was your first day?"

I stared at Nate, wide-eyed. He doesn't know how much I've gone through today!

Luckily for me, someone had called out to Noah. A friend of his I guess. I ran off, escaping him. Finding the dorms wasn't easy at all. There was even a forest in this school. That's hectic. It was lucky that I found some decent student to point to me where the girls' dorms were. It was just behind the school's pool which was behind the whole school. By the time I arrived at my room, my luggages were already inside. I had just finished fixing my clothes and things and made myself comfortable in my new room.

It's not that bad. It had creamy peach walls and a fuzzy red carpet. The bed was on the upper left corner of the room while the toilet was on the upper right corner. Right beside my bed were the glass windows which had red curtains on them. And beside the other side of my bed was the closet. And finally, next to the comfort room was a vanity desk and a chair. All in all, it was a good room.

Now here I am, staring at the hollogram right in front of me.The hologram came from the white pendant my grandpa had given me. I pressed it twice and Nate answered after about two rings.

"It was okay," I lied, averting my eyes a bit.

Nate's face paled at my words. "What happened?"

My eyes widened at his reply. "How did you know something happened?"

"Erin, seriously? Don't lie to me. I can tell when you're lying."

I pouted at Nate. "How?"

"Now if I told you, you'd definitely try to work on that mistake," he told me, crossing his arms on his chest.

"What do you mean?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Like if I say 'when your eye twitches it means you're lying', you'd work on making sure your eye doesn't twitch. Am I right?"

I squinted my eyes at him. He's good. He smirked with satisfaction as I didn't answer back.

"Whatever," I told him.

"So what happened?"

I fumbled a bit, feeling uncomfortable bringing out the topic. From the hollogram Nate grabbed a glass of apple juice, sipping it.

"Some weird blue-haired guy proposed to me," I blurted out.

SPOOOOSH

Nate had spitted out the apple juice he had sipped. Luckily, it didn't ruin the hollogram. It looked like he had spitted on something else.

"What?!"

"That's not all! There's more-"

"What did you say!? You didn't say yes, did you?!"

"-wha? Of course not! It's not what you think! It isn't the marriage kind of thing!"

"Good! Never agree to any marriage proposals until it reaches my ears first!" he told me.

"I told you! It isn't like that..He proposed a challenge," I explained to him.

"A challenge?" he echoed. "What is it?"

My face heated as I remembered what happened earlier.

"Oh no," Nate paled.

"I promise! I didn't do anything!"

"Erin, what did he do?"

Too embarrassed to tell him, I told him something vague. "He just confessed."

Color rose in Nate's face again. "Good," he sighed out in relief.

"What am I going to do?" I told him. "I don't like him at all."