Chapter 39

• Dedicated to You

"I hate Chemistry," I thought to myself.

I pinched my ears in frustration and stared horrifyingly at the text before me.

Describe what reduction is in terms of oxygen transfer.

Okay, maybe it isn't all that bad . Next question!

Plan an experiment on electroplating an iron nail with copper.

Ah. There goes my chances of passing. It's like, what the heck is this stuff? What's even more frustrating is the fact that I remember most of these questions but I don't remember the answer! I'm so pissed with myself.

I just want to jump off a building now.

I looked to my left and right to see how the others were doing on their Chemistry test. I breathed out a sigh of relief as I saw one boy who seemed to be looking like he was at world’s end. I then concluded to at least answer some of these questions. I should at least try to pass. It’s okay. It’s only the first term, Erin. There’s still second term.

I quickly scribbled down whatever answer I could come up with, unsure whether what I was writing right or wrong.

But then a terrifying thought had dawned upon me. Mr. E could actually send in a tutor if I got bad marks. Aw, man. I’m screwed! I’m going to be laughed at! There’s no way in the world I’d want to have a stupid tutor!

“Five minutes left,” our invigilator announced.

Aggh. All right, calm yourself, Erin. Just answer whatever! Who cares! It might only be Chemistry! I can do my best on the rest. It’s just stupid Chemistry that annoys me the most. I breathed out as I topped my answer off with a full stop. There. Done. Hopefully, I’ll pass. Please, dear God. Please.

“Time’s up. Pass the papers, please. Otherwise, I’ll cut your marks.”

I grabbed the stack of papers from behind me and added my paper in. I quickly passed the papers to the front of me and couldn’t help but frown.

Whatever. It’s okay. Just worry about tomorrow’s exam. What was it?

“Nee. What do we have tomorrow?” someone behind me asked.

“Magical Creatures, I guess,” the other party answered.

I felt my face drain in color. Magical Creatures? Isn’t that..Mr. E’s subject? Now this I have to pass.

I packed up my things and prepared to leave. I hate Mr. E’s class! Heck, I hate the man himself. I left the classroom and headed towards the elevator to quickly jog to my dorm.

Who  knows what the man would do if I failed. He would probably break my neck. No, that seems too merciful. He'd probably do something worse. Oh God, please let this exam week pass in a blink of an eye! Please, please, please!

----------------------------------

“Soo,” Nate started.

“How were the exams?”

I felt my face pale at his question.

“Uhh..”

Nate frowned at my response. He then held a stern look on his face. “Did you even study?”

“I did! I really did!” I honestly told him. “I’m serious, Nate. But no matter how hard I studied, it was still difficult!”

The corner of Nate’s lips twitched. “Ah. Then I’m sure you’ll be fine.”