Chapter 17: The scandalous news

Chapter 17

“Bye Lucaaaas!” Prince Darren drawled.

It was finally the day they get to leave. I was out here to watch over Prince Dylan. He yawned a bit at the farewell they were doing as I held onto his small hand. Prince Lucas grunted and turned his back on us. With her hair shining from the rising sun, Princess Laurren hugs Prince Darren one last time.

“I’m gonna miss you, Darren! I’ll see you next month right?” she pouted, still holding his arm.

“Yeah. See you guys there,” Prince Darren smiled. (A/N: I promise you that Darren and Laurren WILL NEVER get together as a couple. Ahaha. So relax. Sshh. Erin doesn’t know this.)

All the more did Princess Laurren squeal at this.”AH! I cant wait! See you!” and with that she released him out of her grip and leaned in to Prince Darren’s face. She lightly kissed him on the cheek and waved her hand.

Prince Darren stood there, aghast at what she did. His face had turned red from what just happened. I didn’t even realize I had tightened my grip on Prince Dylan’s hand until he said so.

“Ow,” Prince Dylan whined. “Erin, you’re hurting me,” he whispered with fierce eyes.

“Ah, sorry,” I apologized. I lightened my grip on his hand. Control. I just have to control.

The Queens and their children had finally bid each other farewell. The people of the Ruby Kingdom entered their blood-red carriage in a swift motion.

Prince Lucas gave me one last of his death glares. I bent my head to respectfully bid him goodbye.

That little..

“Erin, I’m hungry,” Prince Dylan spoke up, pulling me down with his strength.

“Ah, sure. Let’s go to the dining room. I’m sure the chefs have already finished making breakfast.”

The blood-red carriage had finally left out of sight as I breathed out a sigh of relief. I held onto Prince Dylan’s hand and pulled him back into the castle. Anna was out again. What could she be doing? She’s always out. This time I’m certain it isn’t because of her lame excuses. Could something bad must’ve happen?

“Erin, I want that one!” Prince Dylan ordered, pulling me away from my thoughts. He was now seated on the polished oak chair in the dinning room. Food was already served on the table: Blueberry pancakes, orange juice, and some freshly-cut watermelons on the side. The rest of the family have just entered the door. Prince Darren coming in first, the Queen second, and the King on their tail.

“Prince Dylan. Please ask more politely,” I whispered to him. “I do hope you realize bad manners aren’t attractive at all.” I cringed at my own words. I’m one to talk. Even if I’m telling all this to a little boy, I couldn’t even do this myself. A hypocrite. That’s what I am. 

Prince Dylan grumbled a bit but composed himself. “Fine. Please get me that one over there.”

He pointed over at the syrup bottle. I grabbed it with ease and handed it to him.

“Need help?” I offered, asking if he wanted me to squeeze the syrup out for him.

“No thanks,” he uttered and gently took the bottle of syrup from my hands. My eyes averted to the King and Queen who have now seated. I bowed down respectfully and looked to also see Prince Darren starting his meal.

“Erin,” Prince Dylan whispered. I bent down a bit to his level. “You can leave. Go and eat first. I’ll see you in my room.”

I nodded my head and smiled at him. “All right. See you there.”