Chapter 49

I grudgingly tried to get out of bed. I don't feel like attending school at all. I've been having nightmares of that cold night. The night where Darren's life was taken right in front of me.

I quickly supressed my thoughts. Stop thinking about it, stop thinking about it. I'm so weak if I keep going back to the memory that brings me to depression!

As I made my way to the school, there were people crowding over something. I squinted my eyes to see what they were crowding over and saw that it was a board.

Two guys passed by me and I could hear bits of their conversation.

"I can't believe I passed Chemistry."

"I can't believe Nolan got the top score in that terrifying subject. Scary bastard," the other replied.

I furrowed my eyebrows in response. Chemistry? Top score? Boards?

They've posted our exam scores in public?! For everyone to see? I ran to the crowds of people and tried to make my way to the front. I lightly pushed the people in front of me and tried to find my name.

I could then see that they've only posted the scores of grades nine to twelve.

I then dived my way to the section where the list of twelfth graders were. Under the title of 12 were lists. Each list had a subject's name on it and the students' name and score.

I silently prayed before I attacked the board. I quickly went over to the list that had the title 'Biology.' I scanned the list and found I had a score higher than what I had expected. The same happened for the rest of the subjects. Almost everything was higher than expected.

I wasn't in the top nor was I in the bottom. But I was extremely grateful I had passed everything. Well, I barely passed in Chemistry though. I was about fifth to the last.

I definitely need to try harder.

Content of my scores, I sighed in relief. Well, first term's now over. I just have to really do my best for second term.

"Hey, hey, did you see Noah's score?" a girl with blonde hair asked.

Just the sound of Noah's name, I suddenly found myself pulled into listening to their conversation.

"Yeah. Pretty sad. I mean, compared to his brother.."

"Right?!" the former chirped. "Despite the fact that they're brothers and identical twins, they're completely different when it comes to academics!"

The latter shook her head. "Nolan's pretty scary. He got top place for both Biology and Chemistry."

"Noah's the opposite, huh? He's not exactly the last but he's close to the bottom."

"Ah, but Noah got a good mark on Physics though. He didn't get top place but he was able to beat Nolan."

"That's true. But still, somehow you can see who's the smarter twin, right?"

The latter nodded her head in agreement. "Such a waste. It would be a lot cooler if the two were smart, huh?"

Aren't they a bit.. too much? I pursed my lips at the two and tried to mind my own business. I don't want to hear anymore. Blue hair suddenly came into my field of vision. His head bowed low, his eyes looking hollow and dark.

"N-Noah?"

Don't tell me he heard that conversation from earlier..

"Oh, hey Erin," he greeted, forcing a smile.