The Ring

Shout out to Shiho_chan09 for having the closest guess as to what was going to happen in the last chapter! You earned yourself a follower, a shoutout, and a virtual cookie! 🍪

Comment what you think the significance of "the ring" will be before you read this chapter!

3rd person Will POV

"Boyfriend? I have a boyfriend?" Will asked, looking around the room. "Where is he?"

"I'm Nico. Nico di Angelo. Hazel's brother and your boyfriend." The smallest boy stepped forward. He looked Italian. A tear rolled down Nico's cheek.

Will stared blankly at the boy in front of him.

How do I not remember my own boyfriend but I remember some blonde guy and a rap battle?

"I'm sorry. I don't remember you." Will shook his head sadly.

Will heard a sharp intake of breath from Nico.

"Nothing?" He said quietly.

"Not right now." Why did Will feel like his heart had just been stepped on? He didn't even remember the guy! Oh. Maybe that's why.

Nico blinked away some tears and Hazel put her arm around him. They looked nothing alike. How are they even related?

"How are you two related? You said you're siblings yet you look nothing alike."

"Half-siblings," Hazel explained.

That night, Will racked his brain for memories of Nico. Of anyone. When he finally drifted off to sleep, voices flooded his head and he sailed on a blurry sea of what he thought might be memories. Or were they fiction?

"You don't actually like Quidditch, do you?" Will was sitting in a train compartment with who he thought was the boy, Nico from earlier. However, the boy seemed much more sickly than when he saw him in the hospital. His skin was paler, he had bags under his eyes, and he was much thinner.

"No," Sickly Nico confessed.

"Then what're you doing with Quidditch Through The Ages?" Will asked.

"I have absolutely no idea. It looks like I somehow stole it from the library. But I would never check this book out. It's crap." Nico threw it over to Will. "Hey, since you like Quidditch so much, shut up and read this so I can sleep."

The setting morphed into something entirely different.

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED, ZHANG?" Nico roared. Will was standing at the end of a hallway with Nico slightly in front of him. Nico pushed a girl with caramel hair and the girl Will remembered to be Piper out of the way and hugged Hazel who was sobbing.

"Hazel, are you okay? What happened?" Nico asked softly.

"B-b-bianca." Hazel muttered before bursting into tears again.

"ANSWER MY QUESTION, ZHANG!" Nico turned his head to a tall, muscular, Asian guy. The Asian guy, whom Nico was calling "Zhang" seemed extremely depressed, yet determined. Tears streamed down the man's steely demeanor. Nico's eyes gleamed with anger and fear.

"Hazel and I found Bianca." Zhang was full on crying now.

"What do you mean you 'found Bianca'?" Nico asked, a worried look crossing his face.

"She's dead." Zhang sank to his knees. He covered his face with his hands.

"She-she-" Nico's face fell.