Iguana

3rd person Will POV

Will pulled Nico aside. He was walking up down the corridor when he saw Nico yelling at Hazel and Frank.

"You sure made a scene." Will started.

"I can't believe he asked her out. She's thirteen!" 

"And you're fourteen." Will added. "She's not that much younger."

"Yeah, but if a sixteen-year-old asked me out, it wouldn't be weird. At least I understand that there is no 'happily ever after'." Nico sighed and sat down on a bench with Will.

"You don't believe in happily ever afters?" Will asked Nico.

"Not really."

"We're getting off topic. You're upset because..."

"Hazel's just a kid and Frank is sixteen. He'll be an adult wizard within a year!" Nico waved his hands around a lot when he talked, Will noticed.

"It is a little weird, but it's not like he proposed. I'm sure it will all work out like it's supposed to." Will smiled at Nico.

"I just don't want her to get hurt. She's so naive and innocent and I'm supposed to protect her! I don't trust him." Nico frowned.

"You don't trust anyone." Will laughed.

"I trust you!" Nico corrected.

"And you trust Hazel. So trust her to make the right decisions." Will put a hand on Nico's shoulder. He glanced around.

"I really wish I could kiss you right now." Will whispered.

"I know. But, seeing as the targeted people are LGBTQ students, I don't want to put you in any more danger than you're already in. There's nothing stopping me from being targeted, Octavian outed me years ago, but there's nothing wrong with trying to protect you."

"I get it, Neeks. I do." Will sighed and the two walked to lunch.

Lunch

Will noticed Hazel sitting in one of the corners of the great hall with Frank, Reyna, Jason, Piper, Percy, Annabeth, and some red-haired girl. 

"Neeks, do you want to go sit with your sister? And apologize?" Will asked.

"Neeks?" Nico asked.

"Yeah. It suits you." Will smiled.

"It does NOT." Nico frowned. Will tried to hide his blush. He was just so cute!

"Well? Are you going to?"

"To what?" Nico looked up at Will.

"Go apologize to your sister and her boyfriend." Will gestured to Hazel and Frank sitting in the corner.

"I hate apologies. But I hate Hazel being mad at me more. Dam it. I have to go apologize."

"C'mon!" Will grabbed Nico's hand and practically dragged him over to the corner. The group's laughter ceased.

"Um. Hazel, I-uh. Can I talk to you? And-I guess- Frank?" Nico asked. Hazel's frown slacked.

"Okay." Hazel responded sternly and walked off to a different corner with Frank and Nico.

"Uh, hi. Can I sit with you guys?" Will asked.

"Sure!" The red-head responded. "I'm assuming everyone else already knows you." 

"Actually, I don't. At least, not officially. I'm Annabeth Chase." Annabeth held out her hand. She had a hell of a handshake.

"And I'm Rachel." Rachel's handshake was weaker than Annabeth's. There was osme weird dynamic happening between Rachel and Annabeth, but Will couldn't figure out what was wrong.

Everyone continued talking, and Will would join in occasionally but kept glancing towards Nico, Hazel, and Frank. But mostly Nico.

"Oh. My. Gods." Piper interrupted everyone. The group fell silent.

"What?" Reyna asked.

Piper's jaw dropped. She kept looking from Will to Nico.

"Piper, what's up?" Jason started to look concerned. At that moment, Frank turned into an iguana.