SLEEPOVER

I am soooooo sorry this is so late! I had a lot going on and completely forgot to update! I will be publishing the next chapter any moment now! I'll remember to update on Saturday, I promise!

Annabeth POV

December 10

"Percy, I have class." Annabeth pulled her lips away from Percy's.

"C'mon. Can't you just skip?" Percy asked, leaning in and kissing her again, sliding his hand onto the bare skin under the back of her Hogwarts Uniform shirt.

"Percy, I have to go!" Annabeth laughed and pulled away from Percy, and straightened out her shirt.

"Fine. Love you!" Percy said, leaning to Annabeth and kissing her again.

Love you? Oh my gods he said love you! What do I say back? It's not "I love you" but it's something!

"Love you too," Annabeth said once she had pulled away from Percy again. She started off to her next class.

"Oh. My. Gods. He said 'love you'?!" Piper practically squealed.

"Wait. I love you or just love you?" Reyna asked.

"Just love you," Annabeth responded, hugging her pillow a little tighter. All of the girls in the newly named LGBTQ Protection Squad were having a sleepover in the Room of Requirement.

"What did you say?" Calypso asked.

"I said 'Love you too!' Should I have handled it differently?" Annabeth asked.

"No. That was fine." Piper responded.

"Frank hasn't said 'I love you' to me yet," Hazel said.

"How long have you been dating?" Piper asked.

"Um, I don't know. A few months?" Hazel responded.

"You know, Percy is the only one that has said the 'L' word so far," Calypso said.

"Actually, no. Jason said it to me two weeks ago." Piper blushed.

"Aww." Everyone cooed.

Hazel jumped when a floorboard creaked.

"What was that?" Hazel asked, fearfully.

"Chill. It was just me." Calypso says. "I shifted.

"You know, the Hogwarts Killer hasn't attacked in a while. Do you think he's just given up?" Calypso asked.

"Or is he planning something even bigger?" Piper muttered, almost inaudibly.

"Holiday Break is just around the corner!" Annabeth said, changing the topic. "Who's going home?" 

Hazel, Calypso,  and Piper all raised their hands. 

"You aren't, Reyna? Why not?" Hazel asked.

Reyna shot Hazel a death glare. A glare that spoke more than any words. A glare that said something along the lines of "You just overstepped. Big time."

"Nevermind." Hazel backtracked.

"I'm nervous. I feel like the killer is just planning something bigger. Leading us into a sort of false safety. Letting us put our guards down again." Piper said, reigniting the conversation Annabeth had been dreading.

"Why Zoë? Sure, she wasn't 'normal' but she wasn't gay either! She just didn't want to have sex! What's so terrible about that?" Calypso started crying.

"Why did he take Bianca. She was such a pure soul. She had never done anything wrong! She didn't have a bad bone in her body." Hazel started crying too.

"We will find him before he strikes again," Reyna promised, hugging the crying girls.

I hope Reyna isn't biting off more than she can chew.

December 18

Things continued to be quiet. Nothing extraordinary happened. No attacks. Nothing. Not even drama. Everything was normal. And it stayed that way.

Everyone that was going home for the holidays boarded the Hogwarts Express. Will had invited Nico to stay with him over the holidays, and oddly, Nico's parents had said yes. That was weird, in Annabeth's opinion. Who didn't want to spend the holidays with their kid?

Hazel was going home and Frank was also. Of course, they were going to their houses, and were not spending the holidays together.

Piper was going to visit her famous actor dad in LA. Jason was going to Thalia's as usual.

Calypso was going home to see her dad, Atlas Nightshade. Things would be a lot different this year without Zoë.

Leo was going to see his dad at his father Hephaestus Valdez's auto repair shop.

Percy was going to visit his mom and step dad and little sister Estelle.

Annabeth was going to see her dad, whom she adored, her half-brothers whom she like fine, and her step-mother Susan Chase, whom she did not like half as much as her father. Not even a quarter as much.

"Percy, I'm going to miss you so much over the break!" Annabeth kissed Percy again.

"I love you, Annie." Percy pulled back.

"I-I love you too." Annabeth said. Tears welled in her eyes as she kissed him again, before saying her final goodbyes until January and running to see her dad.

"Who's that handsome young man?" Frederick Chase asked.

Annabeth blushed. "My boyfriend, Percy." 

"When do I get to meet 'Percy'?" Annabeth's dad smiled.

"Soon. I don't know." Annabeth responded. She took her dad's arm and headed home for the holidays.