SUPER LATE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL PART 3

December 24

3rd person Piper POV

Piper stared at the ceiling in her room. Piper could tell that her father had tried to make the room as similar to her old home in Oklahoma as possible, but LA still didn't feel like home. She turned her head over on her pillow to the window. Her dreamcatcher swayed in the wind.

Wind?

Piper hopped off her bed and walked over to the window. The window was slightly cracked, leaking out all of the warm air.

No wonder it's so cold.

Piper shut the window. Her rose gold iPhone 7 Plus started beeping from its place on her bed.

She walked over to the bed and saw an incoming FaceTime call from Jason. She immediately answered and sat down on her canopy bed. (The pic at the top is part of Piper's room.)

Jason was sitting on a twin bed that Piper assumed was his in a small room with dark brown walls, Quidditch posters on the walls, and a dark brown desk in the corner. Piper's room was a palace compared to his.

"Hey, Pipes! I miss you so much!" Jason's smile radiated with joy.

"I miss you too! It's so boring here. My dad is constantly busy with work and seeing as my dad just bought the house I haven't had any time to make friends in LA." Piper sighed. "Is it boring with just Thalia?"

Jason shifted. "Um, Thalia's no the only one here."

"Oh?" Piper asked.

"Yeah. Um, I told Thalia about Reyna staying at Hogwarts for the holidays and Thalia insisted that Reyna come stay with us." Jason bit his lip.

"Oh. Reyna's there?" Piper felt involuntary jealousy surge through her veins.

I shouldn't be jealous. Jason and Reyna are over and Reyna is dating Thalia.

Piper heard a door open over the phone.

"Jason! Thalia and I were going to get take-out! Pizza or Chinese?" Reyna's voice flooded out of the speakers.

"One sec, Pipes." Jason looked at Piper again before turning his attention to Reyna. "What did Thalia want?"

"Oh, are you talking to Piper?" Reyna asked.

"Hi, Reyna!" Piper said as peppy as possible.

"Hi, Piper!" Reyna said to the phone. "We were thinking Chinese but seeing as we've been making all of the food decisions of late, we thought you should get a say," Reyna spoke again, this time directed towards Jason.

"Chinese is good with me," Jason responded.

"Okay, great! We'll be back in a bit!"

Piper heard the door close.

"Sorry about that Pipes."

"No problem," Piper said, even though it was a problem. It was a very, very big problem.

They talked for a while until about fifteen minutes later, Thalia opened the door.

"Jason, the food's here. If you don't hurry up, there won't be any rice left!" She said before shutting the door.

"Sorry, Pipes. I have to go." Jason said.

"It's okay." Piper took a deep breath. "Love you!"

"Love you too," Jason said before hanging up. Piper sighed and collapsed onto her bed.

LA sucks.

3rd person Jason POV

Christmas sucks when you have to spend it with your sister and her girlfriend who is also your ex while your girlfriend is lonely in California.

Jason walked into the kitchen where Reyna and Thalia were already helping themselves tot he food.

Reyna had her laptop out and was barely paying any attention to her orange chicken.

"Huh, Thals did you know your name means 'to blossom'?" Reyna asked.

"No. What does your name mean?" Thalia asked.

"Oh, I already know that one. It comes from the Spanish word 'reina' which means Queen." Reyna responded turning her head to Thalia.

"Makes sense, seeing as you are my queen." Thalia smiled and kissed Reyna.

"Ew! Little brother alert!" Jason said shutting his eyes.

Thalia laughed. "Sorry, Jason!"

"You know, I'm not really hungry anymore," Jason said, heading for the door. He paused and turned around. "Actually, I am. No amount of watching you two kiss could get rid of my appetite now." Jason sat down at the table and started to fill his plate.

"Oh, so does that mean we can kiss all we want?" Thalia teased.

"Please, no." Jason shoved some rice in his mouth.

Reyna and Thalia laughed. Reyna turned back to her computer.

"Jason, did you know that your name means 'healer'?" Reyna asked.

"No, I didn't," Jason responded.

Reyna's laptop started making a weird sound.

"Nico's Skyping me. Do you guys mind if I answer this?" Reyna asked.

Jason shook his head. "It'd be nice to see how life at Will's is treating him."

Reyna answered the call. "Hi, Neeks! Guess where I am?"

"You're obviously not at Hogwarts," Nico said.

"Hi, Nico!" Thalia said, popping her head next to Reyna's.

Nico raised an eyebrow. "You're staying at Thalia's? Is Jason there?"

"Right here, bud," Jason said, standing behind the two girls.

"Never call me 'bud' again." Nico glared. He was sitting on a window seat. You could see from the corner of the screen that his room had blue walls. His bed was white and black. The entire room was very aesthetically pleasing.

When Jason got a better look at Nico, he realized that Nico's face no longer seemed so pale and sickly looking. Jason had always been shocked that Nico was Italian because his skin was always so, well white. But now, the color seemed to have returned to Nico. He looked Italian. And his eyes seemed to sparkle. Nico looked happy! Nico never looked happy. And Nico was smiling. Smiling! His face no longer looked like he ate nothing. It had filled out some. Nico looked healthy for the first time since Jason had known him.

"Nico! You look good!" Thalia remarked.

Nico stared at Thalia, confused. "Thanks..?"

"It's just that you look so much healthier and happier than when we saw you last!" Reyna added.

"Well, Will is making me actually eat, and everyone is really nice here." Nico shrugged.

"Why'd you call me if everything is so great there? It's not like you could be lonely or something." Reyna asked.

"I wanted to see if Leo's secret wifi worked at Hogwarts, but I guess I'll have to find some other way to test that. Also, I kinda wanted to talk to you about something." Nico looked from Thalia to Jason. "Just you."

"Oh. Okay!" Reyna said. She picked up the laptop and left the room.

"I wonder what that's about." I said before I started eating my food again.

"No idea. Probably something involving relationships though." Thalia said. She stabbed a piece of orange chicken with her fork. "I'll ask Reyna later and see if she can tell me."

"I miss Piper, Thals. And from what I can tell, she's miserable in LA." Jason sighed.

"That sucks for her. There's not really anything I can do. Even if we invied her to stay with us, I bet her father wants to spend the holidays with her."

"Yeah. I just hate seeing her miserable."

"Everyone hates seeing someone they love miserable."