sei

I'm evil. I know. MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

3rd person Nico POV

November 9

"Will, it's getting late. You need to get back to the Hufflepuff Basement." Nico and Will were sitting in the Room of Requirement, adding recent events to the murder board.

"Why can't we just make our relationship known, Neeks. Then we wouldn't have to keep making excuses to spend time with each other. Plus," Will looked around him at the empty room. "I'm pretty sure everybody already knows."

"I don't want you in any more danger. The recent attacks have proven that whoever the killer is, he or she is attacking LGBTQ students, and hate to break it to you, we are targets. Plus, most of the couples are being attacked while they're together. I don't want you getting hurt." Nico turned back to the board and tacked a photo of Alex Fierro on.

Will spun Nico around and kissed him.

"Solace, we have work to do." Nico pulled away and picked up a picture of Magnus Chase."

"We're not any safer pretending we aren't dating than not. What is this really about?" Will asked. Nico tacked the picture on and turned around. Will's sky blue eyes stared down at Nico.

"I really care about you Will but I'm-"

"You care about me? That's it?" Will's facial expression hurt Nico's heart to look at.

"No. Not necessarily. The other reason I'm not ready to make us known is, I guess-" Nico stopped what he was saying, thinking about his words. "I've never been in a relationship. I'm messed up. My life is messed up. I don't trust people easily."

"Nico, I'd never give you any reason not to trust-"

"I know that." Nico snapped. "Trust doesn't come naturally to me and a relationship is built on trust. I'm not ready for a relationship, Will. At least, not until I can really trust you."

Will took a deep breath.

"Okay. And you're right. I need to get back to the Hufflepuff Basement. Can you finish the board on your own?" Will asked.

"Yeah." Nico grimaced. Will opened the door and left.

"Dammit, Nico. Why do you ruin everything?" Nico muttered. He started to feel tears welling up in his eyes. He wiped them away and looked back at the murder board.

They had very little evidence so far. They knew that the murderer was targeting LGBTQ wizards and witches. They had already done some research as to blood status and the results were all over the place. Alex Fierro and Magnus Chase were both half-bloods. Lester was a pureblood and Hyacinth a muggleborn. And Bianca was a half-blood, like Nico.

How did the murderer know Bianca was gay? And how has the murderer not been seen by any of his or her victims?

The murderer's weapon was a knife, and judging by the different wounds, it was the same knife.

How do we not know more? Nico asked himself. I promise I will avenge you, B.

Nico collected his things and stepped out into the hallway. He closed the door to the Room of Requirement and it vanished. Nico walked down the hallway and barely glanced at anything but the floor. Nico had always had terrible posture.

"You don't want to go that way." Nico heard one of the portraits say. It was of a young girl, about eight or nine, in a light pink dress out in a field of flowers.

"Why?" Nico asked the portrait. The paintings usually didn't talk to Nico.

"There's something strange down that hall." The girl glanced to her right and then looked back to Nico.

"I swear I saw a floating knife." The girl in the painting whispered. Nico's heart seemed to stop for a moment.

Nico thanked the painting for the information as he rushed in the other direction.

He's after me now. This is the end. I wish I had gotten to talk to Will and apologize.

Nico skidded to a stop when he realized the hallway led to a dead end. He backed towards the wall as he saw a knife float through the air towards him. Although, it didn't seem to be floating.

No. Nico realized. There was a hand holding the knife. It was pale, but Nico didn't recognize who it belonged to.

The murderer has been using an invisibility cloak!

Nico gritted his teeth, prepared to fight the invisible being, but then, the knife vanished.

The next thing Nico knew, he felt a sharp pain in his back. Nico crumpled to the floor. He heard a cold voice whisper in his ear.

"Just like your sister. Bleed to death, fag. You deserve it. Have fun in hell."

Nico felt the knife being pulled from his back and heard hollow footsteps walking down the hallway. Nico turned his head to an empty painting. Then, the girl in the pink dress peeked her head into the frame.

"Oh no! How can I help!" The painting exclaimed. Nico thought of the people that could help him.

"Find Reyna Avila Ramirez-Arellano. Tell her to bring help. Lead her to me." Nico choked out. He tried to move, but was in too much pain that he almost blacked out.

"I'll be right back!" The girl screeched and ran through paintings.

Nico lay on the ground, vulnerable and in agonizing pain. His clothes were now soaked with his own blood, and the ground around him was red. Whoever did this, wanted him to suffer. He had been stabbed in the back, quite literally.

What is taking you so long Reyna? Nico thought.

"Hurry." Nico pleaded. This was the end. Nico was going to leave Hazel all alone. At least she had Frank to take care of her. He was actually a pretty good guy. Will would be heartbroken when he found out. And to think, Nico had almost had a real relationship, but ruined that chance and he couldn't fix it, because he was going to die any moment now. Nico was losing consciousness.

It should have been me, Bianca. Now I'm coming to join you.

Nico could have sworn he heard Bianca's voice in that moment.No you aren't. Hold on il mio fratellino. It's not your turn yet.

I'm sorry Hazel. I'm sorry Will. I'll see you soon, Bianca. Nico apologized in his thoughts.

No you will not. Nico heard Bianca argue in his head. I already told you. Verrà anche il tuo momento. Comunque non è ancora finito.

Nico closed his eyes.

It's all over. Goodbye, world.