Annabeth Can't Find a Seat

3rd Person Annabeth PoV

"Dam it." (Sorry. Dam jokes are an essential to the fandom.) Annabeth thought as she perused the train looking for a compartment to sit in. All of them were filled to the brim except for Percy Jackson's compartment and Nico di Angelo. Annabeth knew how much Nico hated people, therefore did not want to bother him. Nico was actually an angel but was very negative and Annabeth could not handle the negativity on the first day of her seventh year at Hogwarts.

Annabeth approached Percy's compartment and carefully slid the door open. Surprisingly, Rachel Elizabeth Dare was not sitting with Percy and Co.

"I'm sorry to bother you, but all of the compartments are full. Would you mind if I sat with you?" Annabeth asked, reluctantly. Annabeth didn't really care for Percy Jackson and his minions, but they were better than an angry di Angelo any day.

"Sure," Percy responded, semi-cheerfully.

"Aren't there usually more of you?" Annabeth asked as she sat down next to Juniper.

"Rachel's usually with us but-" Grover started.

"She dumped Jackson ten minutes ago, so if he's being a bit of a sourpuss, that's why." Calypso interrupted.

"Oh." Annabeth looked down at her hands.

"It's fine. Really. We haven't been getting along for a while. It was just a matter of time before one of us gave up."

"I'm very sorry about your breakup, Jackson. But, if you had some sort of brain in that kelp head of yours, you would have realized the relationship was toxic from the start. Rachel loves to be noticed and complimented and if you haven't noticed, you are very self-absorbed."

"I am not!" Percy interjected.

"Just keep telling yourself that, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth smirked.

"How was your summer, Annabeth?" Juniper quickly changed the topic.

"Absolutely wonderful. My father and I traveled to Greece and saw all of the historic sights. I found the Parthenon exceptionally inspiring."

"That's amazing! I've never been to Greece!" Grover smiled.

"It was delightful. And what about you, Juniper? Did anything interesting happen this summer?"

"Nothing too important. I babysat for Coach Hedge and his wife Mellie."

"Coach Hedge is married? Our Coach Hedge? Quidditch coach Coach Hedge?" Annabeth gaped.

"Yeah. He's been married for a few years now, and their son, Chuck is a handful so Mellie hired me as a babysitter."

"Over the summer, my parents and I stayed at our beach house on Ogygia again. Of course, it's nothing special seeing as we do that every year." Calypso shrugged.

"I don't know what you're talking about! I think it would be amazing to have a beach house on a beautiful island in the Mediterranean."

"True," Calypso responded.

The door slid open again.

"Candy from the trolley, dears?" The food trolley witch asked.

"Yes, ma'am. Some Fizzing Whizbees, Cauldron Cakes, and one Chocolate Frog, please." Annabeth ordered for herself.

"Some Pumpkin Pasties, please." Juniper got her pasties and immediately started eating them.

"Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans and Pumpkin Pasties," Grover ordered.

"Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans, two Chocolate Frogs, Fizzing Whizbees, Drooble's Best Blowing Gum, and some Cauldron Cakes." Percy pulled out his wallet.

The trolley witch gave the kids their food and then moved on to the next compartment.

"That is a lot of food, Percy." Calypso stared at his selection of choices.

"Ready Grover?" Percy asked.

"Oh, not again!" Juniper sighed.

"What's going on?" Annabeth asked.

"Every time those two get Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans they play this game where they close their eyes and eat a bean without seeing it. Then, whoever has the grosser flavor, judged by the bystanders, wins something, usually a knut. Last time they played, Percy lost a LOT of his money. And I mean a LOT." Calypso explained.

Both boys closed their eyes and stuck their hands in the little boxes. Then they shoved a bean in their mouths. Percy's bean was very bright and colorful whereas Grover's bean was brown.

"What do they taste like?" Juniper asked.

"Mine is tutti-frutti." Percy frowned.

Grover swallowed. "Blech. Mine was dirt. Hand over a knut, Perce."

Long story short, by the time the train arrived at Hogwarts, Percy was out 50 knuts.