The Body

3rd Person Frank POV

October 15

A month had passed since Reyna and Jason had broken up. Jason and Piper were still in exile, but some people had taken pity on them. Hazel still hadn't fully forgiven Jason but Frank had. He knew Jason was a good person that just made a mistake. Besides trying to balance his friendship between Jason and his friendships with Hazel and Reyna the month had passed calmly. Nico had a friend now, Will Solace and that made Hazel happy. Nico had also bonded with Jason ever since Jason stood up for him. Piper was still friends with Leo Valdez and Leo was in a relationship with Calypso Atlas. Percy Jackson was still single, but he had added Annabeth Chase to his group of friends. Best of all, Frank was spending more time with Hazel. Hazel was the sweetest, prettiest girl Frank had ever met. Hazel's fourteenth birthday was coming up in December. He was planning a surprise party for her.

"Frank!" Hazel ran up to Frank.

"Yeah, Hazel?"

"I can't find Nico or Jason or Will! Will you help me look?" 

"Yeah, sure." In his head, Frank added an extra 'anything for you'. They searched floor after floor of Hogwarts.

"What were you doing? Playing hide-and-seek?" Frank asked as he looked in another classroom.

"No. I'm just worried about Nico! I haven't seen him anywhere in days. Nor Will. I saw Jason yesterday but I can't find him either."

Frank opened a door. He peered into a dark, empty classroom. Well, not exactly empty. Jason and Piper were making out on a desk.

"Found Jason." Frank shut the door quietly.

"Really? Let's go ask him if he's seen Neeks!" Hazel ran to the door.

"He's with Piper." 

Hazel's face turned from confusion to realization to disgust.

"Okay. Let's not go ask him if he's seen Nico."

They opened more doors and Hazel accidentally caught Leo and Calypso making out. Then Percy and one of his fan club members.

"Why can't people just wait until marriage to do stuff like that." Hazel and Frank sat down on a bench, exhausted from searching two floors of the castle.

"They're just kissing. It's not like they're..." Frank trailed off. "They just want to be close to each other and when you're at school where you share rooms with a bunch of people, there's not much privacy."

"I get that. But I'm planning on waiting. That's what my mother always told me to do." Hazel lifted her chin.

"You're not even going to kiss somebody?" Frank asked.

"Sure, but not that kind of kiss." Hazel shook her head.

Frank's heart dropped slightly.

"You don't talk about your mom much." Frank changed the subject.

"She died while driving on a mountain road. There was a rock fall." Hazel looked at Frank waiting for his reaction.

"That's awful Hazel. I'm sorry." Frank hugged Hazel. He felt warmth spread from his arms to his chest.

"It's okay Frank. It wasn't your fault. She was an awful mother anyway." Frank and Hazel stood up and walked to the third floor to look for Nico. Frank and Hazel reached the top of the stair and Hazel screamed. Frank took a step back and almost fell down the stairs. 

Lying in the middle of the corridor of the third floor was a girl's body. Blood was in pools around her. There was a knife in her back. Her throat was slit. Whoever did this didn't use the killing curse. They wanted her to suffer. Her black hair was covering her face, but Hazel knew who it was.

Bianca was dead.