DA NICO PROTECTION SQUAAAAAAAAAAAD

December 1

3rd person Will POV

"Nico, you never tell me anything! If you had just told me, this could have been avoided!" Will chided, as he tended to Nico's new black eye, courtesy of Octavian.

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was part of Mythomagic club. The thing is, if I had told you, you would have wanted to join, and can't I just have one thing that's my own? I love you, Will. I really do but..." Nico stopped talking.

Will's eyes widened.

"You love me?" Will asked, softly. Neither of them had said anything along those lines. Ever.

"What? No! I, uh, I..." Nico stopped talking, unable to come up with an excuse.

"I love you too." Will said. He smiled at Nico. "And because I love you, I am getting you a bodyguard."

"No, you're not." Nico insisted.

"Then how come I just hired Reyna, Hazel, Frank, and Jason?" Will said, clicking a button on the Room of Requirement's wall.

Reyna, Hazel, Frank, and Jason came running into the room.

"What the hell?" Nico muttered.

"The Nico Protection Squad at your service! Here to protect Nico di Angelo from any form of bullying!" Hazel said, cheerfully.

"I thought the Nico Protection Squad was dedicated to finding the homophobic killer?" Nico asked.

"Not anymore! That is now called the LGBTQ Protection Squad. We are the members of the Nico Protection Squad. We protect you." Reyna informed Nico.

Jason cringed at Reyna's voice. Something had been going on with them, and no one could figure it out.

"You have got to be kidding," Nico said, glaring at everyone around him. "And why is the panda bear here?"

Frank blushed at the nickname.

"Because he's big and scary," Jason said, playfully punching Frank in the arm. Frank winced.

"Yeah, sure." Nico said sarcastically.

"We are going to escort you to your classes and everywhere else you need to go from now on!" Hazel said cheerfully.

"No, you're not because I don't need babysitters." Nico rolled his eyes. "Plus, the killer hasn't been very active since Luke Castellan got caught. I doubt I'm in that much danger except for Octavian and he's knucklehead.

"That's exactly who we need to be protecting you from!" Reyna added.

"I can handle myself." Nico said, puffing his chest out.

"That's strange seeing as your black eye tells a different story." Reyna looked at her watch and frowned. "I need to go." Reyna practically ran out of the Room of Requirement.

"I should go too." Jason ran after Reyna.

"There's no use in fighting it, Nico. The Nico Protection Squad is a thing." Will said. He put his arm on Nico's shoulder, pretending to use it as an arm rest.

"Ugh!" Nico shoved Will's arm off and stormed out the door. Not very long after, Frank came running down the hall toward Nico.

"What the hell, Zhang." Nico said, not looking him in the eye.

"They sent me to escort you wherever you're going." Frank said, nervously.

"Thanks, but like I already said, I don't need an escort." Nico blushed after he said that, realizing what that sounded like. "Um, I don't- ugh you know what I mean." Nico picked up the pace but Frank just took longer strides.