The Second Task: Year 4

Amisty, still stifling her yawns as she made her made her way down to the medical tent by the lake, looked around nervously.

She didn't notice any of the negative looks thrown her way.

Harry wasn't anywhere in sight, and there was only an hour and a half before he had to be at the lake.

"Amisty!" Madame Pomfrey exclaimed as soon as she saw her, dragging her inside the tent. "I need you to sort out those potions. Swimming in the lake in February!"

She got to work hurriedly, knowing that if she didn't she'd have to sit through a rant about the dangers of the Tournament.

"Well, all our champions are ready for the second task, which will start on my whistle," Ludo Bagman's voice boomed. "They have precisely an hour to recover what has been taken from them. On the count of three, then. One...two... three!"

Amisty looked up from her crate of Pepperup Potions, earning a nod from Madame Pomfrey, she peered through the entrance to watch the champions disappear into the lake.

Fleur and Cedric had used Bubble-Head Charms, disappearing under the surface of the water in an instant, and Krum seemed to have... turned into a half shark?

That was a bit concerning to see.

And then Harry.

He was standing in the water, deep enough that it lapped at the back of his knees, chewing on something furiously as his face slowly turned pink.

Everyone in the stands was laughing at him. He was waist deep, starting to shiver, and then he dove into the lake and disappeared.

The only hint of any of the champions being there the faintest ripples disturbing the smooth surface of the water, and then disappearing entirely until the lake reflected the sky. In Amisty's opinion, it seemed rather boring, watching the lake with nothing happening.

Clearly, she wasn't the only one, as after a bit of silence everyone in the stands started chatting, completely ignoring the lake. She went back inside the tent, pulling out towels and spreading them out on the gurneys so that the mattresses wouldn't be soaked through when the champions came back up to the surface.

And then organizing the basic cold and coughing potions into sets so she could hand them to the champions instead of running around dishing them out.

"Do you know how to perform a Warming Charm?" Madame Pomfrey asked her as she ladled more Pepperup into individual vials.

"Yes," Amisty nodded. "We learned them in November."

"There'll be an announcement at the half-hour mark. I'm going to need you to cast them on these blankets," The healer dumped an armful of fluffy, thick blankets into her arm.

She nearly fell over at the weight.

"Okay," Amisty nodded, staggering over to one of the towel-free gurneys and dropping them there. She wasn't very surprised to see the bed sink slightly.

As she looked over, she noticed Madame Pomfrey doubling the amount of the potion sets she had already made.

"Who are those for?" She asked curiously, knowing it wasn't safe to double dose on coughing potions.

Madame Pomfrey suddenly looked thunderous, and Amisty wished she had just kept quiet and let it happen.

"The 'thing' the mermaids have taken are actually people," She replied bitterly, throwing a glare toward the judges. "I've been told its safe, but I also know that the lake is freezing in the winter and that this is just ridiculous. There was a reason this Tournament had been canceled..."