The Three Broomsticks: Year 3

Amisty didn't know what to think. Lucius Malfoy had killed her aunt.

Draco's father had killed her aunt.

She couldn't just tell him that. It was information he didn't need to hear.

She had said her goodbyes and thank yous to Professor Lupin already, and now she was walking back up to the Gryffindor common room somewhat shakily.

When she climbed into the portrait hole after a very spirited argument with Sir Cadogan about whether not she was worthy of entrance, she was greeted by a concerned looking Hermione.

"Where have you been?" She asked worriedly, grabbing her by the wrist and dragging her over to the cushy chairs by the fireplace.

Amisty blinked twice, tears welling up in her eyes at the simple thought of what she had seen in the Pensieve, and stumbled forward.

Without any hesitance, Hermione wrapped her arms around her.

"I... I've found out what happened to my," Her lip trembled as she wiped at her eyes, "my p-parents."

And she launched into the story of everything. How Echo had been killed in the middle of the street, how Noel had run off and left her with his sister, Haven, how Lucius Malfoy had murdered her aunt in cold blood. Everything. By the end of it, her usually bright green eyes were red and puffy and clouded, and her cheeks were stained with tears.

"Oh... Amisty..." Hermione's voice trailed off, her own warm brown eyes growing dark with sympathy.

"I just wish -- I wish it could have been better, you know?" She sniffed, wiping her nose with a bitter smile.

Hermione didn't reply, she didn't know how. They sat in silence until the next bell, to Amisty's relief.

Silence was better than pity.

-=+=-

The Saturday of the Hogsmeade finally arrived, and as Amisty, Hermione, and Ron left the castle without Harry soft snowflakes started to drift down from the grey clouds coating the sky.

"Let's head to Honeydukes first, before it gets too crowded," Ron led the way to the sweet shop, tightening his scarf around his neck.

It was even colder than it had been on Halloween.

It was a relief to get inside, the rush of warm air washing over them from the cozy shop. She gazed around, her mouth watering at the toffees by the Every Flavor Beans and the massive bars of chocolate that lined the far wall. After a few jumps around grabbing their usual supply of sweets, they explored it a bit more, trying to find things Harry would find interesting or like.

She, not liking the look of what Hermione and Ron were looking at (the Unusual Tastes sections) she focused on finding different flavors of gummy bears. She stayed nearby, though, as the tray was right by that section.

"Ugh, no, Harry won't want one of those, they're for vampires, I expect," Hermione groaned, looking at a tray of blood-flavored lollipops.

Gross.

There was a whoosh of air by Amisty's cloak and she spun around, face to face with Harry. She was just about to open her mouth when he held a finger up to his lips.

"Let me scare them," He mouthed, pointing over to Hermione and Ron, the latter of which was picking up a jar of Cockroach Clusters.

She nodded.

"How about these?" Ron asked, showing the interesting assortment of candy to Hermione.

"Definitely not," Harry announced, scaring the two of them out of their skins as Amisty burst out into laughter.