Down In The Kitchens: Year 4

"Hermione, I really don't think -- " Amisty started to protest, being dragged down to the kitchens.

"Harry and Ron aren't going to skip dinner for this," Hermione cut her off, and they turned a corner, where she came face to face with a pair of blazing brown eyes. "Please, Amisty, it's just one visit."

"I just don't think they'd want us to come down -- " She started again, thinking about Winky's reaction to Hermione's proposals.

"You heard Fred and George, they said they loved getting visitors!" Hermione interrupted once more.

Amisty sighed, letting herself be dragged around, murmuring under her breath, "Yeah... when they're not asking about freedom."

They reached the kitchens, and with the directions Fred had given them, they slipped inside the kitchen. A

lmost immediately, they were swarmed with house elves, all dressed in tea towels with the Hogwarts crest, and one in particular --

"Harry Potter's friends!"

Dobby came hurtling toward them, the clothes he had looking downright comical. There was a tea cozy on his head, covered in colorful badges and pins, a horseshoe tie hanging from his neck, soccer shorts, and one black song and one pink and orange.

It was... jarring.

"Oh, hi, Dobby!" Hermione beamed at the sight of him.

"Hello, misses!" Dobby beamed right back, the tea cozy slipping to the side a few inches. "Is Harry Potter sir with you?"

"No, but we could get him for you if you like?" Amisty offered, smiling as Dobby's expression grew even happier.

"If you could, miss. Dobby would be very happy!" He replied, practically bouncing on his heels.

"We'll be back," Hermione nodded, and the two of them dodged out of the way of the other house-elves and raced up to Gryffindor Tower.

Thankfully, Harry and Ron had just reached the entrance.

"Harry! Harry, you've got to come -- you've got to come, the most amazing thing's happened -- please -- " Hermione gasped.

The two of them grabbed his arm, trying to drag him down to the kitchens.

"What's the matter?" He asked quizzically, staring at them as if they had gone mad.

"It'll be better to just show you -- come on!" Amisty insisted, tugging harder.

At least this time he budged a bit.

"Okay," He replied simply, still looking utterly confused as they all raced down to the kitchens.

"Oh don't mind me! Don't apologize for bothering me! I'll just hang here, wide open, until you get back, shall I?" The Fat Lady shouted after them, incredibly annoyed.

"Yeah, thanks!" Ron yelled back, completely unbeknownst to the tone of her voice.

"Hermione, where are we going?" Harry asked, their footsteps echoing as they raced down the many staircases.

"You'll see, you'll see in a minute!" Hermione gasped, coursing with adrenaline.

And then they were in the corridor with the painting of the bowl of fruit.

"Oh hang on... Wait a minute, Hermione..." Harry paused, his voice gaining a note of suspicion.

"What?" Hermione asked sharply, still itching to get Harry to see Dobby.