Back To Hogwarts: Year 2/Summer

Amisty looked up, annoyed, at the platinum haired boy in front of her. She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow.

"Can I help you?" She asked indignantly, craning her neck to look at the commotion.

What if someone truly got hurt?

"What were you of all people doing in Borgin and Burkes, hiding, no less?" He replied, mirroring her posture.

She blinked, frantically thinking of a lie.

"I've never even heard of that shop before!" She exclaimed, her voice squeaking slightly.

"I never said it was a shop," He pointed out, a triumphant smirk tugging on the corner of his lips.

"I just assumed that it was one, what else could it be?" She countered, though she spoke too quickly.

Her lie was clear as day.

"You were hiding in that black cabinet, I could see your eyes," He took a small step toward her.

She didn't step back, but she did give up on her lying. It wasn't working and she couldn't save it now.

"Maybe I was, so what?" She tilted her chin slightly, meeting his piercing grey gaze evenly.

"There was no reason for you to be hiding. What were you doing in there?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow.

Amisty paused, she didn't have to lie, she could just not tell him the whole truth.

"I got lost. Didn't want to be found so I decided to hide. Simple enough," She felt her gaze shift slightly.

"Stay out of that shop, River," Draco warned, his eyes flashing.

"Don't tell me what I can and can't do!" She hissed, glaring up at him.

Her life was her own, no one had the right to tell her otherwise.

"I'm not telling you what to do, that's not a shop you'd want to be found in, that's all," He retorted, his annoyance flickering on his face.

"Then why would you go in there, hm?" She shot back, cocking her head to the side and rocking back on her heels.

Draco had just opened his mouth before his father gestured for him.

With one last glance at Amisty, he turned his back to her and walked to Mr. Malfoy's side.

Amisty stalked back over to the rest of her group, ruffled from the encounter.

"Yeh should've ignored him, Arthur. Rotten ter the core, the whole family, everyone knows that -- no Malfoy's worth listenin' ter -- bad blood, that's what it is -- come on now -- let's get outta here," Hagrid had appeared sometime during the scuffle, leading them all out of the shop to the assistants dismay.

Mrs. Weasley was seething, almost shaking.

"A fine example to set for your children... brawling in public... what Gilderoy Lockhart must've thought --" She had ranted.

"He was pleased. Didn't you hear him as we were leaving? He was asking that bloke from the Daily Prophet if he'd be able to work the fight into his report -- said it was all publicity --" Fred interrupted, but his words did little to help the situation.

The knot of people was quiet as they headed to the Leaky Cauldron.

With a hug goodbye to Hermione, Amisty stepped back with the Weasleys and Harry and waved.

She took a pinch of the sparkling powder and threw it into the flames. It roared with the familiar emerald flames and she stepped in, shouting 'The Burrow' loudly.