Ballroom Dancing: Year 4

George's dancing was something else. Amisty was flushed within minutes, laughing the entire time, her skirt flying out around her legs as The Weird Sisters played their songs. And somehow she never stepped on his feet. How? She had no idea.

Maybe it was because it wasn't really ballroom dancing. Neither of them was leading, and there was no order to their steps or motions.

Certainly not dignified, but definitely fun.

Currently, she was being twirled around and around, feeling entirely like a girl with the way she was giggling and smiling giddily. George dipped her suddenly and a loud, bright laugh escaped her, ringing even with the noise of the rest of the music and dancers... who were dancing in a much more elegant manner.

The song ended, to a round of applause, and George laughed down at her.

"Never thought you'd be the type for dancing," He commented, holding out his hand for another round.

She was about to take it and then realized the song was a slower one. "Er — not really a big fan of waltzing..."

"Glad to see I don't have to suffer through that," He chuckled. If he caught the lie he didn't show it. "Drinks, then?"

She nodded, ending up getting twirled again and laughing once more.

The night continued in a similar fashion to that. They danced when the songs were fast, and took a break when the pleas from the couples won over and a sweeter, slower one came on. Thankfully George seemed entirely okay with sitting out for those.

It made sense, given his personality. He didn't seem like the type to waltz.

"Excuse me, George," A familiar voice reached them, and Amisty looked up in surprise to see Harry standing there. "May I steal your partner for this song?"

George threw her a questioning look, as if saying, 'Are you sure you want to risk bruising your feet that badly?'

She smiled, nodding discreetly, and the redhead turned to face Harry, a stern expression on his face.

This was going to be good.

"Are you going to be proper and keep your hands to yourself?"

He flushed, spluttering, "Of course! Why wouldn't I?!"

"And you're going to make sure she's safe?"

"Always."

He seemed to be realizing George was joking.

"And you're not going to crush her toes and make her unable to walk for a week?"

That seemed a tad bit excessive.

"No promises on that," Harry shrugged sheepishly. "I'm not exactly the best dancer."

"We got that after Parvati steered you across the room," Amisty piped up cheekily, winking when he glared at her.

"Well," George sighed dramatically, taking great pains in stepping away, bowing, "I guess that will have to do. Don't be too long."

"Just one song," Harry reassured, smiling as George turned to go and join Fred and Angelina, who were sitting off to the side.

"So," Amisty gave him a look. She had seen Parvati dancing with a Beauxbatons boy, looking rather bitter when she shot a glance over at where Harry and Ron were sulking, "what inspired you to finally join the dance floor?"

"Ron and I just went out to the garden. Hagrid's a half-giant," His voice suddenly dropped as he wrapped his arms around her waist, very reminiscent of a hug.