Follow The Spiders: Year 2

Even though summer had arrived the Hogwarts, dousing the grounds in sunlight and flowers blooming all throughout the greenhouses.

The beautiful weather was far from how everyone was feeling, however.

The hospital wing had become banned from visitors.

Stopping Amisty not only from visiting Hermione, but from seeing Madame Pomfrey as well. The girl herself had lost much of the color in her face, her cheeks no longer rosy and her eyes were shadows of the glimmering emeralds they once were.

The effects of the past weeks were catching up to her, no doubt, and Hermione's attack was the main culprit.

"We're taking no more chances. No, I'm sorry, there's every chance the attacker might come back to finish these people of..." The healer had told them, peeking through a crack in the door.

That wasn't the only thing that was going wrong.

Now that Dumbledore was gone from the castle, barely anyone was in the hallways anymore.

Now any, rare as it was, laughter sounded fake and shrill, silencing just as fast as it started.

Amisty, Harry, and Ron were all using Hagrid's clue, scouring the castle for any sign of spiders.

It proved almost impossible as they were forced to move along in the group of Gryffindors. Not to mention it seemed as if there were no more spiders in the castle.

The bugs had fled, something the students couldn't do.

The group of friends was in Potions now, Amisty sitting beside an empty seat and empty cauldron.

Just another reminder that Hermione wasn't with them.

"I always thought Father might be the one who got rid of Dumbledore. I told you he thinks Dumbledore's the worst headmaster the school's ever had. Maybe we'll get a decent headmaster now. Someone who won't want the Chamber of Secrets closed. McGonagall won't last long, she's only filling in..." Malfoy commented, his voice loud as ever.

Snape walked past Harry's table.

"Sir. Sir, why don't you apply for the headmaster's job?" Malfoy asked, stopping the Potions master in his tracks.

"Now, now, Malfoy. Professor Dumbledore has only been suspended by the governors. I daresay he'll be back with us soon enough," Snape replied, a small smile on his face.

"Yeah, right. I expect you'd have Father's vote, sir, if you wanted to apply for the job -- I'll tell Father you're the best teacher here, sir -- " Malfoy urged, smirking just like he always did.

Seamus was in the corner, pretending to throw up into his cauldron. Fortunately for him, when Snape walked away he didn't spot him.

"I'm quite surprised the Mudbloods haven't all packed their bags by now. Bet you five Galleons the next one dies. Pity it wasn't Granger -- " His voice was cut off as the bell rang, signaling the end of the class.

Amisty had leapt to her feet, Ron as well, and the two of them were fighting through the crowd of leaving students to reach the blonde. Amisty's vision was tinted red with anger.

She would've reached him if Harry hadn't grabbed her and pulled her back. Ron was being held back as well, by Dean.

Harry had to grab his other arm as well and now he was struggling with two furious Gryffindors.

"Let me at him. I don't care, I don't need my wand, I'm going to kill him with my bare hands -- " Ron snarled.

"Harry, let me go! Don't tell you you're going to let him get away with saying that?" Amisty seethed, her eyes barely more than slits.