Bagman At The Three Broomsticks: Year 4

Their visit to Hagrid's proved nothing. They could hear Fang whining, scratching at the door as the hammered on it, but nothing happened.

Ron even banged on a window and nothing happened.

Professor Grubbly-Plank continued to teach Care of Magical Creatures, and they didn't get a glimpse of Hagrid throughout mealtimes or on the grounds at all.

Amisty had another meeting with Draco, which also yielded to nothing more than bruises on her knees from collapsing. Draco had made the assumption that the memories had sparked something, just not what they wanted.

The magic that came from it would be harsh and dangerous, explaining why she would fall.

Oh, and Hermione had insisted on helping, even if she refused to go to the meetings. She had written up notes about Amisty's shifting when Draco hadn't been present, and a few more when it came to her bracelet. Draco hadn't acted overly thrilled with the prospect of Hermione's help, but Amisty knew deep down he liked the extra information.

A Hogsmeade visit was coming up mid-January, and Amisty certainly wasn't expecting the crane fluttering to her desk during Potions.

Casting a curious glance around she searched for the giver, but no one seemed to be distracted from their cauldrons. She unfolded it, rolling her eyes at the familiar scrawl.

How about we meet down by the lake during free period? -DM

Flipping the paper over, she quickly scribbled down a 'sure' and watched as the crane refolded on its own and flew over to Draco.

She ducked her head down as Snape drew near, fighting down her smile and getting back to work with Hermione.

-=+=-

Amisty threw yet another stone in the lake, watching the ripples pulse from where the rock disappeared into the water. It was still frigid outside, though most of the snow had melted away leaving the ground wet.

A good thing, that way the chances of someone seeing them were low.

"Bored without me?" Draco drawled, taking a seat next to her and lowering her arm, which was about to throw another stone.

"Sure," She rolled her eyes, casting the stone to the side and looking to where he was standing, leaning against a tree.

He leant down, picking her up by her waist and taking a seat, settling her down by his side. She tried to stifle her laughter and failed miserably, sounding very much like a little girl.

Draco smiled, out of her view, and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. Instinctively her head leaned against his shoulder, another smile on her face.

"You're quite the flirt," She commented lazily, hesitantly reaching for his hand, her gaze flickering up to him.

"Slytherin nature," He replied, clasping her fingers in his own, answering her silent question. She curled up closer to him.

He was shockingly warm for such a cold person. But, then again, maybe he wasn't as cold as he let on.

"I suppose," She shrugged, playing with his fingers. "But isn't it also Slytherin nature not to associate with Gryffindors?"

"Well you're rather far from the average Gryffindor," He replied softly, nose brushing against her temple.

She giggled, leaning to look up at him, "Is it because I'm the only Gryffindor you don't despise?"

"Most of the time..." He smirked mischievously, tapping her nose gently.