Hagrid's Got A Dragon: Year 1

The stress was piling up, with both the final exams inching closer, and the newfound information about the Stone, Amisty was starting to lose her controlled temper.

She was on edge and snappish, and Hermione only stoked the flames with her constant badgering about her study habits.

"Hermione... Hermione. HERMIONE!" Amisty snarled, shutting up the blabbering brown haired girl in a second. "Please. Stop. Talking. I'll be fine!" She snapped, her eyes like green fire.

"But they're ten weeks away!" Hermione protested, desperate to get her friend to understand.

"Exactly! I've been studying constantly and I'm incredibly stressed out and your constant talking is not helping!" She retorted, placing her hands on the older girl's shoulders and shaking her slightly.

"Amisty, we need to pass these if we want to proceed to second year. Do you not get how important this is?" Hermione asked, her voice tinged with pleading.

"I KNOW HOW IMPORTANT IT IS! DID YOU NOT HEAR WHAT I JUST SAID. I'VE BEEN STUDYING NON STOP SO IF YOU KEEP REMINDING ME ABOUT THEM I WILL HURT YOU!" Her temper split in two, and her voice rose in frustration.

"S-sorry." she stammered, taking a step back from the seething black haired girl in front of her.

"Hermione... I'm sorry," Amisty apologized quickly, suddenly quiet when she realized what she had said.

"No... No I get it. I'll stop." She replied, before scampering away to the girl's dormitory.

Amisty sunk back into her chair, a wave of breath leaving her lips. Her head fell into her hands, and she sighed heavily.

"Gah..." she kicked herself, both mentally and physically, before turning back to her Charms homework, and her Transfiguration homework, and her Defense Against the Dark Arts homework.

She would have to make it up to her later.

-=+=-

Amisty sat next to Harry in the library, nose buried in the book. She nearly flew out of her seat when Ron broke the silence as she studied.

"I'll never remember this!" He groaned, chucking his quill down before staring out the window.

Amisty shifted her gaze to the window as well, a small disapointed noise resonated from her chest. It was beautiful outside that day, and there they were, sitting in the stuffy library reading dusty old books. The view transfixed her, until the shuffling of feet sounded in her ears.

"Hagrid! What are you doing in the library?" Ron exclaimed, and three heads shot upwards to spot their friend.

"Jus' lookin. An' what're you lot up ter? Yer not still lookin' fer Nicolas Flamel, are yeh?" his tone changing from suspicious to accusatory by the end of his sentences.

"Oh, we found out who he is ages ago. And we know what that dog's guarding, it's a Sorcerer's st--" Ron started.

"Shhhh! Don' go shoutin' about it, what's the matter with yeh?" Hagrid hissed, whipping his head side to side to make sure no one was listening in to their conversation.

"There are a few things we wanted to ask you, as a matter of fact about what's guarding the Stone apart from Fluffy--" Harry added on.

'SHHHH!" Hagrid shushed them up, much louder this time, "Listen -- come an' see me later, I'm not promisin' I'll tell yeh anythin', mind, but don' go rabbitin' about it in here, students aren' s'pposed ter know. They'll think I've told yeh--"

"See you later, then." Harry interrupted. There was a lot of interrupting going on today.

"What was he hiding behind his back?" Hermione questioned, thumb on her chin as she pondered, "Do you think it has anything to do with the Stone?"