Dueling: Year 2

Potions was rather stress evoking that Thursday afternoon.

Amisty and Hermione's Swelling Solution was nearing perfect, and Snape had nothing to say as he breezed by.

They had learned through their past year that nothing meant there was nothing wrong.

Amisty was far from pleased, however, as Draco was constantly flinging varying potion ingredients at her.

She had just withdrew her wand from her robes, gritting her teeth, when Hermione placed a warning hand on her own.

Draco caught her furious gaze in his silver one, smirking as he watched her tuck her wand away.

Fighting down the urge to go hurtling over the desks and steaming cauldrons and punching him, Snape wouldn't appreciate her treatment of his favorite student, she just looked up to Harry and Ron.

When he spotted her, she nodded and nudged Hermione with her elbow.

Her ears picked up the sound of fizzing and soon enough Harry had thrown a firework across the room, it landing right in Goyle's cauldron.

Almost on impact the potion exploded.

Amisty dived under her desk, safe from the splatter, as Hermione slipped away toward Snape's office.

A chorus of shouts and shrieks filled the classroom, just about everyone had fallen victim to the effects of the potion, including Draco and Goyle, to Amisty's joyful amusement.

"Silence! SILENCE! Anyone who has been splashed, come here for the Deflating Draught -- when I find out who did this -- " Snape bellowed, the volume of his voice alone was enough to quiet the entire class.

Amisty came out from under her desk, turning her face away from any prying eyes to make sure she didn't look guilty.

It wasn't too hard as she hadn't been the one to directly cause the havoc.

It didn't take long for Hermione to sneak back in, robes bulging. After a few minutes, the entire class had calmed down and no one had any sign of swelling.

There was a cold stone in Amisty's stomach, though, as Snape pulled out the remains of a firework from Goyle's cauldron.

"If I ever find out who threw this, I shall make sure that person is expelled," He whispered, voice barely more than a breath but managing to carry over the silent classroom easily.

Though his words made it seem like he was speaking to the class as a whole, his eyes were fixated on Harry, who was pulling a very puzzled and innocent expression even though he was the one at fault.

Ten minutes later the bell rang, and as the four grouped together outside the classroom there was a collective sigh of relief.

Hermione led the way to Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, handing Amisty a few of the bottles she had smuggled out.

"He knew it was me. I could tell," Harry worried as they walked, his footsteps unsteady.

They reached the bathroom and crowded into the usual stall, Hermione throwing everything they had just gathered into the cauldron and stirring.

"It'll be ready in two weeks," Hermione announced.

Amisty smiled, just in time for the winter holiday.

"Snape can't prove it was you. What can he do?" Ron replied to Harry's concerns, though he was looking at the potion.

"Knowing Snape, something foul," Harry replied dejectedly.