Chapter XXXIX

LEO FREEZES AS horror flashes across his face but then it contorts to a smirk

LEO FREEZES AS horror flashes across his face but then it contorts to a smirk. He reaches for a blaster as he gestures with his hands, "You have lost! There is nothing you can do now!"
   I huff as my chest rises and falls with anger. "Let me Kill him. Let me give you the revenge you seek." The voice in my head speaks to me and for the first time I realize that the voice doesn't belong to a person. It belongs to the enhancement. Thank you but I want to end him for myself. Without a word it replies to my statement by leaving my body. I am finally in control of my limbs as I too smirk.
   "You are right. You have lost!"
  Someone peeks their head out of the shuttle. Their purple hair makes me burn with displeasure. I take a step forward but then Leo raises his blaster towards me. My eyes flick I between his weapon and General Holdo.
   "General get out of here. I will take care of her." Leo tries to sound like a hero but I know better. He might feel like he is doing something brave but he is just one of Holdos pawns. Pawns she used to survive and sacrifice  everything for her.
   I spat at her before she leaves. "We will meet again and next time I see you I will put a bullet in you head."
   "I like to see you try." With that she rushes inside. I instantly sprint forward as Leo shoots at me but is to slow.
   I jump at the ramp closes but I am to slow. It locks in place as the engines kick on. The shuttle begins to hover as I pull out my blasters and begin to shoot. I pound the ship with my bullets as I scream with anger. They do nothing. I watch the shuttle safely escape the battle.
    I drop my hands to my side. Taking  a deep breath in. I cock my heads to the side. A clicking sound plays begin me.
   Abruptly I turn slamming Leo to the ground. I place a foot on his hand the holds the blaster as I pin him down by the throat.
   He struggles to breath. I start to push down on his hand when it finally releases its grasp on the weapon and it spills out of his hand. My hair cascades on his face as I stare at him.
   He shows no remanence of the old Leo. Though I am in the position to kill him he still has that cocky grin on his face that says I have won.
   I let's out a huff of frustration as I move off him and raise the blaster to eye level pointing the blaster at him.
    "Why!" I scream in agony. "Why?" My voice gets desperate as I wait for his answer.
   He gets up but I then grip the trigger as he throws his hands up in surrender. Ignoring my question he says, "I didn't think you were one for offering an unfair fight."
   I don't know why I do but I put my weapon down and reach my hand out. He takes it as I pull him up. I quickly raise my blaster again as he also raises his hands. "Still not fair."
What could be the harm. Plus I would like to knock him around a bit before I kill him.
   I clip the blaster in my belt. There is no such thing as having to many blasters.
   I ball up my fist as I raise them up to eye level. He however stands in a relaxed stance. This makes me even more angry. I lunge towards him as I make contact with his face. He stumbles backwards but his reaction isn't what I suspected. He places his hand on his jaw moving it around. He then turns towards me again.
   "What now?" I know what he is doing. He is trying to beat me with his words. He know he can't beat me in combat but he is smart. I take the bait either way.
   "What now? Well I will tell you. I am going to kill you. But it won't be a quick death.  No. By the time I am done with you  will be in so much pain that death by a Sarlacc would be better."
   I circle him like he is my prey but he remains calm as he doesn't move. "You And I both know that you would never hurt me."
    I move quickly as I draw one of my swords and run it across his face. He falls backwards. But then gets up again. He places a finger on the cut that runs through his eye. He brings his finger back down as he observes the crimson liquid.
   "Now that was a low blow. Especially for a Storm Trooper."
   I should kill him now. Do it! Do it now he is defenseless! The voice inside me encourages me to do it wanting to get back to the action outside the hanger. But I ignore it. I still haven't found out why.
   "You haven't answers my question. Why did you do it."
    "Why would it matter to you?  All that matters between us is that I did it because I am with the Resistance and you are with the First Order." There is a pause as realization dawns on him. "Wait! That isn't the reason why you are hurting so much is it. At first I thought it was your pride that is making you mad. But no it's not." He walks closer to me. For some reason I can't move. His gaze grounds me where I stand. he says the exact words my mind was trying to deny.
   "Your pride isn't hurt. Your heart is hurt." He is close enough to me that he grabs my chin and lifts it up so I am looking into his eyes. I grit my teeth. I so desperately want to get out of this situation but my mind won't work.
    "You like me. No you love me." He let's a laugh out like it is the funniest thing in the world. "You. A Storm Trooper loves me. How naive  can you be?"
   "What do you mean?" I find myself saying.
   "Wait did you think that I liked you back? Oh honey don't take it personal it's all show business." He let's go on my face as he begins to walk away. He thinks that he has won as he waves his hand. "Sorry but I have to go. See you in another life."
   I am shocked. This can't be true. It was all fake. All my feelings all his feeling. They weren't real.
    I let it sink in as I watch him. Suddenly something clicks in me. Even though I still love him after a he has put me through. At the end of the day he is a Resistance scum and I am a First Order Trooper. I can't let him get away especially after he threatened my pride like that.
     I tuck all my weapons away as I sprint after Leo's retreating figure. I yell as he whips around but there is no escape for him now. I connect with his stomach as he stumbles backwards collapsing towards his stomach. I then grab his shoulder as I bring my knee up to his head sending it flying backwards. Blood trickles down his face. I slam my fist into his face as I jump in the air and bring my foot around hitting him in the ribs. My foot connects with a crack as I smile. He sways on his feet as I grit my teeth and slam him up against the ship he hoped to escape in. I place my fore arm on his collar pressing a blaster to his heart with my other hand.
    I stare into his eyes hoping to see anything that would stop me from doing what I should have done long ago. My eyes move quickly as I beg for him to say something. He only stares back at me but something is different. He expression is sad almost like he regrets something.
   I have a sharp intake as I press the blaster closer to his heart prepared to squeeze the trigger. Then I hear a small voice, "Sal I am sorry." It stops me.
   No! Kill him now. Don't let him pull you into his trap again!
   "I am so sorry. Before you kill me I wanted you to know."
   "Why?" I stop myself from crying as I bite my tongue.
   "You have to know I didn't want to. They forced me to. Sal I really do care for you. But I deserve to die so do it."
   My grip loosens on the blaster.
   I knew it he didn't mean what he said.
"No don't listen to him. He just told you how he hated you. He is a coward trying to save his own skin he doesn't care for you. He is using you!"
   Leo sees the hesitation in my eyes. The confusion. He uses it to his advantage as he leans forward and plants his lips in mine. My eyes widen. I wasn't expecting this. I suddenly melt into the feeling. I am once again that girl who was in love with the boy who promised her to show her the world. My weapon falls from my hand as I close my eyes. I drop my hand from Leo's throat.
   I feel his hand move towards my hip. I smile into his lips when suddenly I hear a sharp pop.
    I stumble backwards I stare at Leo and then at the blaster in his hand. He smirks as I look down. My once polished red armor now has a gaping whole where my stomach is. Blood pours out from the wound.
   I can't breath as I look up at Leo with hurt eyes. "What did you do?"
   "Darling don't hate the player. Hate the game."

VOTE AND COMMENT!!

VOTE AND COMMENT!!