Chapter XIV

MY SCHEDULE presumed as normal

MY SCHEDULE presumed as normal. Like nothing happened except now I under a more surveillance then then usual. Every once in a while officers with high ranking uniforms will pop in my training and observe my skills. At first I didn't notice this because the observation booth is mirrored.  But I learned that if you look at it from the right angle you can see past the mirrored glass. I say it was my keen eyes that figured out to look at an angle but I am pretty sure my enhancement has to do something with it.
      Every day I train switching off and on with combat then weaponry. If anyone thought that my punishment made me hate Phasma or the First Order they were wrong. If anything I train harder, go to bed later because I jam pack my brain with every analysis of all the past battles the First Orders has fought. I promised myself that from this point on I will never let my feelings get in my way and that I will never cry and show my weakness.
      However the one point in the day that I enjoy the most is when I get tested. Everyday I always see the same freckled smiling face when I walk through those doors. It is good to see a friendly face after a hard workout. Leon  was different then the others who dealt with me. Sure it could be that we are close to the same age so he understands me but I can be myself around him.
      He is a good listener. We sort of sink into a routine where I would tell him about what I did in training and he would listen like it was the last words he would ever hear. He asked a lot of questions but most of them were about the First Order and anything I really knew about them. At times when I couldn't talk, well more like I was to angry to talk. He would just do the talking. I learned that he was born on the planet of Tatooine. How every day he would help his family with the farm. He told me how hot the two suns could get and how he also never knew what a lake looked like till he joined the First Order.
     I couldn't rap my head around most stories he told me. He tried to explain how the sun felt. How the sand felt between his toes and what was most curious was how blue milk tasted.
    "Wait wait so you are telling me that you drink blue milk?" I look at him in disbelief as I cross my arms.
   He holds out his hands in surrender. "I know it sounds crazy but it it true. You have never tasted anything so delicious until you have tasted blue milk."  Our laughs mixed together like a harmonious symphony. When suddenly he snorts which makes us laugh even harder.
    I try to speak in between laughs, "Well when I get out of this base. The first thing I will do is try this milk."
When the words I say sink in all laughter stops and it gets real quite.
I lower my head as my mood dampens. I feel a hand come under my chin as it is raised up.
"Hey don't worry Sal. Everything is going to be okay." Leon smiles but it doesn't reach his eyes like it usual does.
"Thank Leo. For everything." I plaster a fake smile on my face.
He looks at me thoughtfully. "What are friends for. Besides if you left then who will keep me company. I mean if you weren't here I don't know how I would get to sleep with out those boring stories you tell."
"Hey!" I play full punch him but the hit comes out a little to strong because of my extra strength. He cringes a little as he brings his hand to cover the spot I punch. "Oops sorry. I guess I don't know my own strength." I smirk as he playfully roles his eyes.
Leo told me a lot about his past life before the First Order. But he mostly focused on when he joined. He described to me how his family went bankrupt and how he found a connection within the First Order and willing joined them. He was trained by a very wise medic and Leo caught on very fast raising in the ranks. However one story did perk my interest.
"Do you want to know how I was trusted enough to be able to know about you?" I nod my head enthusiastically because the question had be gnawing in my brain forever.
"Well you see I don't tell many people this but I used to be a field medic."
"Wow I cant image how embrassing that must be for your ego to say you were a field medic." I role my eyes in a joking matter.
"I know it hurts me to say that but it is the truth. Hey great people come from humble beginnings and believe me when I say being a field medic is the humblest you can get." He tries to look dead serious but his eyes betray him.
"What. Am I supposed to shower you with complements now?"
"Well if you insist." He gives me a goofy smile but I just huff with laughter instead. Seeing that he won't get any complements from me he continues his story. "Anyways, on one of my missions I was sent out to search for survivors. Only I met up with the wrong survivors. A group of Resistance fighters captured me and took me to their base. They interrogated me and told me stuff I never knew. They had me for about a month when finally I had my chance to escape. Now I don't quiet remember how I did it it some how I ended up in a X-wing fighter and I flew it all the way back to the nearest First Order base." I interrupt  him as I cross my arms,
"Wait so your telling me you just happened to get in an X- wing fighter and you. You. Of all people flew that fighter out of enemy's arms back to here."
"First thing I don't appreciate you interrupting me. And second of all. Ouch that hurts that you don't think I could fly a fighter." He holds his hand over his heart pretending to be hurt. I just shrug and he continues.
"Anyways upon returning I told the First Order about everything. While I was there I learned about multiple bases that are now eliminated because of me. I had knowledge of the Resistance like none other. And so in return I was given  trust. And that is the events that led up to me meet you. Can I just say you are the best thing that has ever happened to me." He places hand over mine as I stare at it.
A million questions rack through my brain but one thing is clear. Leo is special to me.

Merry Christmas everyone!!! So as my gift to you guys for this special time I have wrote an extra chapter that I hop you like

Merry Christmas everyone!!! So as my gift to you guys for this special time I have wrote an extra chapter that I hop you like. I am so thankful for such wonderful readers. Their votes and comments cheer me up and push me to go on. I detonate this to my biggest supporter on this book NikitaRodriguez4 thank you for being so awesome!
.
VOTE AND COMMENT!!