Chapter XXXIV

DURING THE FLIGHT Leo and I have small talk

DURING THE FLIGHT Leo and I have small talk. I let him do most of the talking mostly about the Resistance base. He tells me how beautiful the jungle is and how it is always sunny. I have never been outside of the First Order base so he tells me that it might be hard to get use to begging able to go where ever I want with no restrictions.
Every thing he tells me about the base and other worlds fascinate me. I am intrigued and every once in a while my mind would wonder what it would actually be like if I was with the Resistance.
Sometimes I would walk to the back of the ship to check to se if anyone was following us. I would make an excuse like just need to stretch my legs.
I stare out the back rectangular shaped window as blue streaks fly past us. I know that it is impossible to track any ship from light speed but the First Order has been developing a device where a Star Destroyer can attach a "string" and track us. If that fails however I also have the tracking device near my ear.
I walk back to the cabin as slow as I can to try an avoid as much time with Leo.
I sit down in a swivel chair and cross my arms stretching my legs out and bending my head to rest in my chest. I close my eyes and try to sleep. The constant sound of beeping starts to turn into a lullaby as I drift off. And for the first time since this mission I left go of all my worries and just felt peace.
•*•*•*•**•*•*•*•*•
I open my eyes slowly as an annoying scratchy sound plays in my ear. I swat to sky think that it is a bug but then I start hearing words.
My eyes widen as I press an finger to the device in my ear. I look over to the chair next to me and observe Leo sleeping soundly. I smile as I get up. A blanket falls off my lap as I try to recall if I had put it there. I know it was t there before so how did it get there?
The voice starts to again as I forget the blanket and jog over to the bathroom and lock myself in.
"Sssssss... SN... Sn2198... are you.... reading?" The voice is scratchy as pauses of static sound in between phrases.
I have no way to communicate back to them so I just wait. They repay the phrase a couple more times as I begin to grow impatient.
"SN I am assuming by this time you are reviving. We hope that all is going as plan on your side. We are tracking you through this tracker so make sure to keep it on at all times. Your location is locked and we are in pursuit. We are relying on you so don't fail us. Over."
I replay the message in my head as don't fail us. Rings through my head. I walk over to a faucet and splash my face with water. I lift my head up as I peer at my reflection. Except I don't see Sal. The caring and loving women who fights for what she believes in. No. Instead I see SN2198. A Storm Trooper following orders. Orders that even though she doesn't think they are right she still completes them.
I love Leo that is a fact no matter how hard I will try to separate him from me I know he will never leave me.
He was my first friend the first to make me feel, human. Made me feel special and how do I repay him? I cut him down at the roots destroying everything he believes just so I can Please the First Order.
I splash my face again as I turn to open the door. It slides open and I am startled to see Leo standing in front of the door way. His arms are cross as he taps his foot on the ground. He looks angry confused and impatient.
"Leo! I didn't see you there." I grab his hands as I begin to drag him away from the bathroom. He tugs his arm away.
"What were you doing in there? I thought I heard voices."
I keep my face expressionless not letting him know what I know.
"I was just using the restroom. I have never been on a flight this long."
"If you say so." I walks away but I know that I can't leave it like this.
"Leo wait. I lied I am sorry. I wasn't using the restroom." He turns untreated in what I have to say. I take a deep breath as I continue. "It's just... it's hard. Leo you have to understand I have grown up thinking that the First Order is good. But since you that has all changed. If you want the truth I was crying. I am so confused on what I am doing." I force myself to make my eyes water as I cross my arms in insecurity. I see Leo take a step towards me.
I don't dare let a tear drop because of my promise to not cry but I make it realistic. "I... I love you Leo. I don't want to leave you. You are my world. I don't know what to do. I feel this pain in my heart. I am going against all mot ideals." I feel strong arms rap around me as I melt into the grasp. I smile knowing that my trick is working.
"Leo confront me. Just take me away from all of this. Let it just be us. You and me. No First Order. No Resistance. That would be the greatest thing in all of the galaxies." I ketch myself spilling out these words not knowing where they cane from. Some where deep in my gut I know that these words are coming from my heart and it's the truth.
Leo's aloft hands run my face as he tucks stray hairs behind my ears. He cups my face and lightly kisses me. Then he presses his forehead against mine. "I will always be with you." His soft voice fills my heart. As I know that he is telling the truth.
Why do I put myself in these positions?

VOTE AND COMMENT!!