Chapter VIII

A SMILE spreads across my face as my expressions give away my feelings

A SMILE spreads across my face as my expressions give away my feelings. I feel the urge to jump up and down and hug Phasma but that is unprofessional. I will surely receive consequences  if I do Phasma pushes herself off the bed places her helmet back on her head forcefully opens the door walking out. I quickly scramble after her as I grab the black cloak.
I slip my hand trough the sleeves as the material extends farther then my arm reaches. The cloak touches ground as I slip over a too large hood that creates a shadow around my face. Making it virtually impossible to know who I am.
My heart begins to race as we near the exit door. Emotions start to stir with in my stomach. First excitement, and giddiness. Then fear and worry sets in as she finish typing in the code and I hear the door hiss as it unlocks. I hear five agonizingly long clicks as all the lock finally unlock. Phasma pushes the door and it opens.
I am met with surprisingly quiet. The hallway I step out into seems to be abandon. No one walks by or even peers around the corner. The occasional droid walking through the hallway is the only reminder that I am not in my isolated area. That I am in fact in the hallway of a First Order base.
Phasma walks quickly as I follow behind her like shadow. As we turn some more corners more people start to appear. I hear the marching of feet before we actually see them. A group of men dressed in white armor marches past us in perfect unison. We stick to the side of the hallway as they past.
Men and women of all ages dressed in black uniform hold serious expressions on their faces. Occasional some will throw questioning glances at me but they assume to their task.
My brain automatically creates a map as I memorize each turn and twist we take. Even though all hallways are black with buttons littering the walls each one is different and I pick up on those differences.
My eyes skim over a huge entrance as we walk pass the door way. Something clicks in my head as I stop and walk backwards toward the huge door frame. My eyes grow big as they take in every type of space ship ever created for the First Order. There are TIE fighters of every kind. Cargo ships and ones that have wings that connect at the top creating an A shape. My mind is itching to explore one as I begin to walk in the loading bay. Suddenly a quick painful noise erupts in my head. I press a hand to my ear as I bend down.
I look behind me as Phasma stand in complete seriousness waving a button around. Shamefully I walk back to Phasma keeping my head low determined not to have that device used on me ever again. I mutter to myself "God I hate that button." As I open my mouth moving my jaw around in circles trying to get the ringing out of my ears.
We finally reach our destination as the door slides open. The room is dark. Flickering lights hang from the ceiling that cast an Eire blue light. There are shelves upon shelves that line up in rows. Each shelf holds racks of every type of body armor.
I look to Phasma for direction as she just nods her head. Silently saying go ahead.
Rushing as I skim my eyes through every chest plate, arm, bangle and shoes my eyes could take in. I don't pay attention to color knowing this is only to figure out my sizes.
Through great contemplation I finally find armor that fits me nicely. That protects me but still is comfortable to fight in. Surprisingly the armor I pick out is simple. Just like the storm troopers' and Phasma's outfit. It consists of everything a trooper would need besides the helmet.
"Where's your helmet?" Phasma asks almost in annoyance.
"I don't want a helmet. They restrict my vision and ability to fight."
"All troopers must have a helmet no questions asked."
With huge groan I trudge over to the helmet section picking up as random one and putting it on. "Are you happy now?" I turn towards Phasma.
"Very much. Now go take that trash off and place it in that bin. A droid will be in here soon to polish and paint your armor."
I begin peeling off the grimy armor when Phasmas wrist begins to blink and make a buzzing noise.
Quickly she pulls out a small disc as she hold it in the palm of her hand. A small blue figure flickers from the device.
"Captain Phasma" the figure says in a scratchy voice and bows.
"General." Phasma replies.
"You are needed in the control room. Our special guest has arrived."
"Thank you for informing me. I will be down as fast as I can." She clicks a button as the device turns off and she turns to me walking.
She comes up really close to my face as she forcefully whispers. "Now listen to me Sal. You are not to be seen. I trust that you know your way back. Just this one time and one time alone I am going to let you walk back by yourself. You must prove to me that I can trust you or else's this will be the last time you are able to be let out of your area. Do I make myself understood?"
"Yes ma'am." I lower my head in submission
"Good. Then I will be back to check on you and make sure you follow through with your orders." She turns on her heels and storms out of the room slamming the door behind her.
I begin to take off the rest of the armor as I wonder who this special guest is.

VOTE AND COMMENT!Hey guys I just wanted to say sorry for these past chapters

VOTE AND COMMENT!
Hey guys I just wanted to say sorry for these past chapters. They can get boring but I promise you it will get better.