Chapter 3- April

Author's note: Please comment me and let me know what you think. Also, feel free to let me know if you find any grammar mistakes or silly spelling mistakes! :)

Chapter 3

(April)

April fourth, my birthday. I was finally fifteen, finally one year closer to being eighteen. Sadly, it had to come on a stupid Thursday, so I had to go to school.

I sat at my desk in History class, staring up at the teacher as he spoke and wrote on the blackboard, but not really listening. It had been a month since Zach had been living at my house. We still didn't get along, but we'd sort of learned to ignore each other. I'd yet to have a special "bonding" moment with him or whatever. I was okay with that, though. Abby and I had been spending a lot of time outside now that it was beginning to really feel like spring.

At that thought I glanced out the window to see a sparrow perched on the small tree right outside of the classroom. I wanted so bad to get out of there. I sighed and switched my view to the clock. One forty five. I only had one more class after this, and then it would be home free for me. Ah! That's when I wished that me and Zach were buddies! When school let out... because he had a car, and no job, so he could have picked me up rather than me skate home. We didn't live far enough away from the school for me to take the bus, which I felt was bullshit.

I glanced over to see two girls look at me, exchange glances, and laugh a little. I scowled at them and looked back at the teacher. People didn't like me around school, for what I have no idea. When I was younger and gave two shits what people thought about me girls would play pranks on me and ask me out on a date. I would say yes happily, go to our appointed date, and they would stand me up. Later they would make up some snotty excuse. I fell for it a couple times. I was stupid... People really disgusted me. I didn't understand how they could be so mean. Maybe that's why I hated Zach so much.

Eventually school came to an end, thank god and I didn't even believe in him, and I headed out the front doors with my skateboard. I tried to ignore all the other students and walk straight for the road where I could begin to skate.

It was warm out, and there was a nice breeze going. It would be a perfect day to hang out by the willow tree at my house. I didn't really know if Claudia was going to be throwing a little party for me or not. I'd already gotten my presents, which consisted of some new shirts, underwear, socks, and two Cd's. It was nice, though.

I finally made it home after a half an hour or so. I picked up my board, walked inside and placed it down against the wall. I looked into the kitchen to see Claudia sitting, already looking at me. It smelled like food in the house, but I wasn't sure what. "Hello, sweetheart," she greeted with a warm smile. "How was your day?" I sat down at the table after getting a soda.

"Eh, it was okay I guess," I replied.

"See? School is not so bad after all," She laughed. I smiled sarcastically and shook my head.

"Yeeeah...," I replied and tapped my hands on the table. "What're you making?" I asked.

"I decided I would make you some sesame noodles, and diced seasoned potatoes," She answered happily. The potatoes explained the smell.

"Wonderful, thank you," I said with a smile and stood up, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. I loved sesame noodles, they were the best.

"Anytime," She replied. "Oh, and I went out and got you a cake as well!" She called as I left the room.

"Thank you!" I said and gave her a smile. As I entered the living room, Zach was laying on the couch on his back, his hat resting over his eyes. I stood there, looking at him, debating what to do. There was an open beer on the table, almost full. "Hey! Your beer is going to get skunked!" I growled. I wanted to sit down... but I couldn't with him sleeping on the whole couch. He jumped at my voice.