Chapter15- November

Things around the Reidel house went very smoothly for everyone at the end of October and the beginning of November. Claudia and Deron were excited for the yearly Christmas vacation to Germany, I was looking forward to holiday break, and what seemed to have really set the mood right was the fact that Zach finally managed to get a job. Much to Deron's dismay, he had chosen the local liquor store as his work place. Even though he had finally fulfilled a much needed request from his father, they had still managed to argue about it.

Zach worked a lot, so we didn't get to spend too much time together. But my Thanksgiving break had begun, and I would be home on his days off. I was very excited about it and felt much better than I had the month before.

I was standing outside, a cigarette in my mouth, aimlessly walking Killian through the long, dead grass that was spiking out of the ground when I heard a car driving down the road. I looked up to see Zach's familiar green piece of shit turning into the drive way. My stomach warmed and I took one last drag before rubbing the cherry off onto the ground. I was careful to make sure it was completely out before walking over to greet my boyfriend. He was off of work early. It was only around twelve when he was scheduled until three.

I walked with Killian by my side, who had gotten much better on a leash, to the drive way. Zach got out of his car, grinning at me. "Hey, Dyl." He rubbed my back briefly before moving to pet Killian, who was patiently awaiting attention.

"Hey," I said back, smiling at his touch. He seemed to be in a very good mood, which immediately set mine ten times higher. "Did you have a good day?" I asked.

"Fuck yeah! It was not busy at all, so the boss sent me home early, if you have not noticed!" He said happily before turning and walking towards the house. I followed him inside and unhooked the leash from Killian's collar.

"Oh, Zach!" Claudia suddenly spoke and appeared in the archway to the living room, sounding surprised. "What are you doing home?" She asked, frowning slightly.

"It was slow, so I was sent home," He answered, taking his hat off and scratching his head. He stuck the hat in his back pocket.

"Oh... okay," She said with a smile. "You must be hungry. I can make you-"

"No, Mutter, I am okay! You should relax while you can." He said with a smile.

"Ach, thank you dear." She laughed a little before returning to the living room. Zach turned to me, his eyes bright.

"Come upstairs with me," He said softly, probably so Claudia couldn't really hear. I nodded and we both headed up the steps. We turned into my room and I shut the door behind me. "You need to clean up!" He told me as he kicked dirty clothes out of the path to my bed.

"I know, but I don't care!" I said in a sing-songy manner. He turned his head and laughed at me with a slight frown. I watched as he kicked his shoes across the room and took his socks off after. He sniffed them, made a face, and tossed them onto my dirty heap of clothing. "Thanks..." I drew my lip up slightly in disgust. "I bet that half of the shit on my floor in yours!" I walked over finally and sat down. I always took my shoes off downstairs.

"Probably!" He laid down dramatically and shoved his feet in my face. "Smell them!" He demanded. With his accent he sounded very serious and intimidating. I laughed and pushed them away.

"Ew! No!" I exclaimed through laughs. He gave up rather easily, which he usually didn't, and sat up again. He scooted closer, a grin stuck on his face. I became suspicious. "What...?" I asked slowly, one eye brow raised.

"Nothing," He replied with a shrug before resting his hand on my thigh. I looked down briefly and smiled at him. He was being weird... He was so happy it was very unlike him. He leaned forward and pressed his lips on mine. I reached my hand up and rubbed his cheek lightly, letting my eyes close. "I missed you," He said quietly, our foreheads resting on each other's.