Chapter 24

Author's note: Sorry if this is kinda crappy.  I didn't get to read over it yet and fix stuff, but I will!

Chapter 24

(March)

Zach and I had made up. It was so hard to stay mad at him. I found out that he had put the rock I gave him on his dashboard, which made me feel pretty stupid for making a fuss about the whole thing.

I was so sick of all the drama in the house and between the two of us; I just wanted a nice relaxing month. Hell, I would even settle for a week! But I didn't see that happening in the near future. Things were incredibly tense between Deron and Claudia. With Zach and I's relationship slowly getting more out in the open, I could tell Deron was becoming more and more agitated with us.

I sat in the living room, staring absentmindedly at the T.V. Zach was at work, and he still had three more hours until he got off. I fucking hated when he worked, especially on weekend days because that meant Deron was home. I had absolutely nothing to do when he was gone! I probably could have gone outside with Killian, since the weather was slowly getting nicer as the days went on. Or I could have skated... I suppose there were plenty of things I could have done, but I just didn't have any motivation to get off my ass.

I suddenly heard the front door open. I frowned to myself and stood up, wondering who it was. I was quite surprised to see Zach standing in the hallway, looking disgruntled. "Zach?" I sort of questioned. He turned his head to look at me. "What are you doing home?" I was pleased with his early arrival, until he spoke.

"I got fucking fired." He shrugged. "What are you to do?"

"What!? Why!?" I exclaimed, my eyes widening. Deron was going to be furious.

"Apparently I was slacking too much," He said nonchalantly.

"W-well... what about Deron?" I asked. He snorted.

"He does not know my schedule. He does not need to know!" He stated and walked past me and up the stairs. That sounded like an awful idea to me.

"So you aren't going to tell him?" I spoke quietly, right behind him. He simply shook his head, not looking back at me. I rolled my eyes. Sometimes it was best to not get involved...

<<< >>>

"Are you excited!?" Zach yelled all too enthusiastically, much too close to my ear. I pulled my head away swiftly and scowled at him.

"What the fuck?" I growled, rubbing my ringing ear. "Yeah, I guess..." He raised an eye brow.

"Shit. You should be. You are lucky. I never invite stupid kids to these things!" He stated happily. I didn't miss his insult towards my age, though. If he kept acting like this, I wasn't going to have a good time.

Zach had been invited to his good friend Rafe's Saint Patrick's Day party. He then asked if he could drag me along, and Rafe agreed. I didn't see how having a fifteen year old at a party full of adults would be fun for them. As far as I knew, I was going to be the only person under twenty one there. I was slightly dreading it. Not to mention how incredibly touchy feely I usually got when intoxicated.

"Yeah, whatever," I mumbled.

"Dylan, really... Pull that stick out of your ass." I couldn't help but laugh a little at that.

"I'm fine," I lied with a sigh. Zach walked over and sat on the bed next to me. I frowned and looked at him. "How many people are going to be there?" I asked.

"I do not know." He shrugged. "Not too many..."

"Okay." I didn't really believe that.

"Do not worry, Dylan. It will be fun," He assured be before leaning over and kissing my cheek. I grinned and turned to wrap my arms around him. He did the same tightly in return. It felt nice and comforting.