Extra 1- Zach gets a job!

Author's note:  So I've decided to begin putting up extras that I have written(or will be writing).  This one is Deron and Claudia's reaction to Zach's new job that had been mentioned in the main story.  Enjoy :)

"I got a job!" Zach let out happily to his parents. Deron's eyes widened, obviously shocked, and Claudia was smiling widely.

"That is great, Zachary!" She blurted and gave him a hug immediately. He smiled sheepishly and glanced at me. I was standing against the counter finishing off a can of soda. I grinned crookedly at him. I was very happy he had finally gotten a job. He'd been living in the house for a while... It was about time! Deron was nodding to himself, not speaking a word. "Where?" Claud asked, still sounding excited. I noticed the corner of Zach's mouth twitch.

"Washington Liquor Store 132," He said, his voice not faltering. Both of their expressions fell. I wasn't sure if Claud's did because she was disappointed so much as she was worried for her husband's reaction. Everyone looked over to see him laughing. Zach scowled at his father.

"I should have guessed...," He muttered.

"What is that supposed to mean?" His son growled. Deron looked up from his seat at the table to look directly at Zach.

"How fitting is it that you, an alcoholic, gets a job working with alcohol?" He replied bluntly. Zach was staring at him, eyes wide, looking extremely offended. This was probably the first time I'd ever seen him looking at his father with an emotion other anger.

"Wh-...," He began, his hurt expression disappearing quickly and turning into rage once more. I sighed and looked at my feet awkwardly.

"Zach-" Claudia began but he continued to speak.

"Why! Why is it so hard to be proud of me for once!?" He yelled, hitting his palms on the table harshly.

"I am not proud of you for this because you are an under achiever!" He stated boldly.

"What!?" Zach sounded astounded. "How does this make me an under achiever!?"

"If you were not, you would have gotten a job that looks good for your person.." He was trying to sound smart an educated. I could tell from his tone. He was so cocky I could hardly stand it. "A profession that is not going to make others look down on you." I felt my palms begin to sweat and my cheeks turn red. He was pissing me off. Zach let out a bitter snort of laughter.

"Vater! You have been on my fucking ass since I moved here to get a job! Well I have one now! Why should it matter what it is?" He yelled, glaring at his dad across the table. Claudia was rubbing her son's back, looking worried.

"Zachary! It matters very much! For all I know you will be drinking on the job and making a fool of yourself!" He snapped. Zach laughed again and rolled his eyes before turning.

"Yeah, fuck you!" He yelled over his shoulder and went upstairs swiftly. I was left standing awkwardly with Deron and Claudia in the kitchen. I left the room after a few moments, standing tensely. I walked upstairs and glanced in Zach's room. He was sitting on his bed, a cigarette between his fingers, staring at the floor. I entered and shut the door behind me.

"They'll smell that if they come up here," I said quietly. He looked up at me and sighed before taking a drag.

"I do not care," He murmured, not looking at me. I sat down on the bed next to him. There was silence for a while. "He pisses me off," He said angrily.

"I know. Me too," I agreed quietly.

"I do not need his acceptance, but it makes me fucking mad that he refuses to be happy for me- ever!" He snapped, running a hand through his hair. "I fucking hate him."

"Fuck what he thinks," I sighed, feeling quite gloomy. I noticed Zach look over at me out of the corner of my eye. I looked over as well and he sighed visibly before wrapping an arm around my waist. I leaned into him and gently kissed his neck.

"Thank you, Dylan. I am glad I have at least one sane person to talk to in this house."