Chapter 21- January

I was actually glad to return home. It was a good thing we'd come back, too, because we found out Killian hadn't been too fond of the pet sitter we'd hired. Apparently he wouldn't let her pet him, and he would growl at her from a distance unless she was holding his leash or feeding him. I had to laugh at my dog's behaviour when she talked to us about how he was. Next time I would definitely find someone he actually liked... "Why didn't you just have Rafe come and watch him?" I'd asked Zach.

"Because- Deron said he would not trust him coming into our house everyday without his supervision," He'd answered angrily.

The first thing I did when we got back was grab a bottle of water. Then I took a long, much needed nap. I hadn't even had the energy to take a shower, so I slept naked. But when I finally did shower I scrubbed the shit out of my body. I was so revolted with myself after that plane ride...

So we had been home for less than two weeks, and I'd already managed to fuck up- big. I'd gotten into one too many fights at school, and the school decided to expel me for the rest of the year. Luckily, though, we didn't have to go to court because we all had agreed on the punishment. As well as expulsion, we were fined again. Claudia was very angry to say the least.

So there I sat at the kitchen table for another lecture. We had just returned from the school for the discussion. "Dylan, I can not believe your actions!" Claudia yelled, looking extremely flustered. I was relieved that Zach was working; I didn't want him to see me getting scolded... "Are you stupid?"

"No!" I growled, scowling up at her. I really didn't like getting mean with my foster mother, but I was getting so agitated. "You don't know what it's like to be pi-"

"Dylan, you were expelled!" She interrupted. "I do not care what your reason is for fighting so much! Was it really worth all of this?" She hissed. It actually was. My stomach actually warmed everytime I thought I wouldn't have to worry about school until the following year. "Plus! We have another damn two hundred dollar fine!" She threw the papers down on the table as she spoke. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "Do not do that!" She growled.

"Oh my god!" I yelled and stood up. "I'm sorry! I fucked up!" Her eyes widened at my use of colorful language. "But my god, leave me the fuck alone!" I yelled before turning to leave.

"Where are you going?" She asked loudly.

"To my room!" I yelled over my shoulder as I began up the stairs.

"Come back here, Dylan!" She called. "We are not finished speaking!"

"Well, I AM!" I screamed and ran the rest of the way to my room, which wasn't far. I entered and slammed the door behind me. I jumped onto my bed and buried my face in my pillow before screaming at the top of my lungs. I was so fucking frustrated with everything and everyone. I could hardly stand how horrible the past couple months had been for me. First it was the whole fine ordeal, and then everyone finding out about Zach and I, and then the whole Christmas bullshit, and then my expulsion! It was driving me crazy. I just wanted one nice, calm month. I had gotten plenty of them before Zach arrived in my life... My life had been crazy before the Riedel house, and I wasn't enjoying it being chaotic again.

I rolled over onto my back and let out a long sigh. I didn't want to go downstairs, but I desperately wanted to get out of the house. I really wanted a cigarette as well... After a few moments hesitation I stood up and walked to my door. I opened it quietly and was surprised to see Killian laying on the floor in front of my door. He stood as soon as he saw me, his tail wagging lightly. I smiled and pet my dog's head. He was growing into a gorgeous German Shepherd.

He was only six months old, but his body was perfectly built, and his head was angled perfectly.

"Come on," I said before walking downstairs. I grabbed his leash by the door and made him sit before hooking it on. I then grabbed a sweatshirt and slipped my shoes on.