[Turning You] On! Chapter 5

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET.TELLAFRIEND

ENJOY!!!!!!!

Trust Me - The Fray

Chapter 5

Terry

 I stood in the kitchen preparing everything we would need for the project. Brielle and I were making Lebkuchen which were basically German honey cakes. When we searched for recipes we were looking for something easy and quick, so this is what we came to. I had all the ingredients laid out on the counter and Brielle was supposed to be getting here any moment now.

I heard the doorbell ring and I went to go answer it. “What’s up B?” I said after opening the door and letting her in.

“Hey Ters.” She replied. I laughed. She knew that calling me that got on my nerves.  I walked into the kitchen and she followed.

“Let’s do this.” She stated.

“Alright beat two eggs.” I told her. She nodded. I measured out two and a half cups of flour and poured it into a bowl.

“Okay what next?” she asked.

“Look at the sheet.” I told her.

“It would be easier if you would just tell me.”

“Life isn’t easy baby doll.”

“Ewww don’t ever call me that again.” She demanded. I laughed.

“Whatever,” She said before looking at the recipe on her own. I added all the other dry ingredients in the bowl and sifted them together. Once Brielle was finished, I added my mixture to hers and she began beating the mixture.

I poured in the nuts as she continued to knead the mixture, which had now turned into a thick dough. We rolled the dough and cut out different shapes. We then placed them on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven on 400 degrees.

“How long do they have to stay inside?” I asked her.

“Read the recipe.” She replied mocking me. I laughed. “Twenty to thirty minutes or until brown.” I nodded.

“You want me to beat you in a game of pool?” I asked her.

“Nah, I’ll beat you.” She said as she raced out of the kitchen and ran upstairs. I chuckled following her. When I got up there she had already gotten her pool stick and racked the balls. Damn she was fast.

“So same bet?” She asked.

“Sure, ladies first.” I told her. She busted the balls and ended up getting stripes by knocking in two of them.