[Turning You] On! Chapter 30

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET.

SO SORRY FOR THE  DELAY!

My  Love - Sia

Brielle

I sat upstairs in my room with the door locked. Neither of my parents were home but I didn’t want to have to deal with them if they returned so I would just stay in my room. Terry had to stay late after school to take his AP test so that he could already have credits going into college.  I was so bored. We were approaching the end of the year so homework was limited and I had nothing to do but study which was out of thee question. I sighed as I buried my face into a pillow. I was going to go crazy. I wondered what Clary was doing. She was probably busy with Jace. I debated on texting her. I picked my phone up and heard the doorbell ring. Lucky to have a distraction I dropped the phone and went downstairs.

I looked through the peephole and saw Rickey standing on the other side. What was he doing here? I opened the door.

 “Hey,” I greeted.

“Hey,” He responded saying nothing else.

“Is everything okay?”  I asked wondering exactly why he was here.

“Not really,”

“You want to talk about it?” I questioned feeling bad for him.

“Yea can I come in?”

“Umm I don’t know if my parents are coming home tonight and we haven’t been getting along lately so I don’t think that’s a great idea.”

“Oh ok it’s cool.”

“We can go grab a bite to eat though if you want.”

“Can we just find a quiet place to go talk? Can we go to the park?” I thought over his question wondering if it was really a good idea to go with him.

“Umm yea lets go.” I said closing the door behind me. I got in the passenger’s seat as he cranked up the car. The drive to the park was silent and just a bit awkward. When we were younger me and Rickey loved this park. We came here all the time just to talk. I came to hate this park and I had not been here since then until now. Rickey parked his car in the woody shaded area next to the entrance sign. There were no words exchanged and I kind of just stared down at my fingers. I stole a glance over at him and noticed that he was in deep thought looking straight ahead.

“My mom has three weeks to live.” He finally said. I looked at him.

“Rickey I’m so sorry.” I told him whilst grabbing his hands and immediately empathizing with him.

“I just never thought my time would have been this short with her. I mean I haven’t even showed her that I can be the best I can be. I never got her out this judgmental town. She won’t even get to see me graduate from college. She’s the only family I have Brielle.” He said. I didn’t know how to respond to him. What was I supposed to say? How were these talks supposed to go? I inhaled and gave him my response from the heart.