Confessions

Chapter 65

Confessions

Mira leaned back on her pillows and twirled a blonde strand around her right middle finger in boredom. Ten minutes ago, Seth had said that he wanted to tell her about his past, and then immediately requested taking a shower first. Matt had returned with the dogs and the car and got Seth a pair of sweats and a tee-shirt to wear.

She heard the tell tale sound of the shower shutting off and took a breath. Mira really had no idea what she was expecting to hear Seth tell her. She looked over at Cujo, who lie curled up around Carrie. The male dog's head was resting on her back. Mira couldn't help but smile slightly. The dogs had literally met a couple weeks ago and they were already the best of friends. She and Seth had known each other for seven months, and still there seemed to be something missing.

Seth walked into her room while rubbing his hair with a green towel. He wore the outfit Matt had loaned him, and appeared to be much calmer than before. When he stopped drying his hair, Mira had to stifle a giggle. His hair was standing up in every direction possible.

"Hey," he said with the smallest of smiles. The entire ten minutes he had been in the shower, he had been planning on what he would say. His half frozen body had thawed under the scorching hot water and he could feel his arms and face again. Cujo stood up and excitedly began pawing at Seth's leg. Seth smiled and scratched his head.

"Hey," she replied.

"Thanks for letting me use the shower, and for the clothes," he said to stall. She nodded her head, her blue eyes peering into his, searching for the answer to the obvious question; what is going on?

Mira managed to scoot over on her bed to make room next to her. He wordlessly sat beside her and crossed his arms. Seth felt her smooth hands reach up and fix his disheveled hair.

"Feel better?" she asked softly. The room was dark, the only light from the illuminating glow of the streetlamps outside. Other than the various GLEE posters staring at him, he felt calmer.

"Yeah," he answered. They stayed like that for a while; lying on the bed, her hand gently stroking his hair.

"Are you… you were going to tell me something," she said. She felt him stiffen beside her. He picked his head up from beside hers on the pillow and looked at her and nodded slightly.

"Um, yeah," Seth pulled out of her embrace and sat on the edge of the bed with his back to her, eyes closed in deep thought. This was it. He had to tell her.

He stood up from the bed and began pacing back and forth. She followed him with her eyes.

"Seth, I don't want to push you-"

"No," he interrupted, turning his head to look at her, "I want to tell you this." She blinked, but nodded and moved to settle into a more comfortable position.

"Where do I start?" he asked, half to himself half to her.

"The beginning?" she said softly.

He nodded a little and stopped pacing. "Um, ok, my dad was… is not a good person. He abuses drugs, alcohol, and people." When he saw her eyes widen, he continued quickly, "My mom married him after she got pregnant with me. She wasn't always this well behaved, proper, bitch of a woman. She did drugs right along with him. And my father has… issues. He um… likes to hurt people. Especially me."

"Seth…" she said softly. He shook his head

"Let me continue," Seth said quickly. He needed to get this out as quick as possible. He opened his mouth, only to find that he didn't know what to say.