Good Intentions

Chapter 46

Good Intentions

Seth could hear Carolyn screaming at someone.

"You think I'm afraid of you?" she was asking. His mind had lost a fraction of the fuzziness, letting him become slightly more aware.

"The MOTHER OF YOUR GRANDCHILD!" he heard some say. Mother of her grandchild? Was it… it couldn't be.

He heard his mother gasp, followed by the unmistakable sound of a slap, then Mira's gasp. What the… did his mom just slap her?

He must have zoned out for a few seconds, because the next thing he heard was "THAT'S NOT WHAT I'M DOING"

He immediately recognized her voice. Seth struggled to part his lips and get his vocal cords to cooperate. Her name was on the tip of his tongue, he had said it a million times, he could say it again.

"Mmmiirrraa" it came out quieter than he had hoped, and it sounded more like a cross between a moan and a weak whimper.

But he was determined. He tried again, ignoring how drained he felt. The single act of saying that single word had completely exhausted him.

"Mirraaa" he was sure she heard this one. She must have heard. She must have…

He passed out again.

Mira rushed to the side of the bed and gently touched his hand.

"Seth? Seth, can you hear me?" When she got no response, she moved her hand up and cupped his bruised cheek gently. "Come on, Seth! You said my name. I hear you!"

"I'm going to get the doctor," Carolyn said quietly, completely in shock that her son had spoken the girl's name.

After Seth's mother spoke to the doctor, she turned to find a blonde woman who bore a striking resemblance to Mira staring at her.

"Hello," the woman said. "You wouldn't happen to be Seth Elsen's mother, would you?"

"Yes I am." She replied. "And I take it you are Mrs. Pascal." She nodded. The two mothers eyes each other slowly, knowing completely nothing about one another.

"I'm… very sorry to hear about what happened to your son." Audrey said. It was true, as much as she may have disliked Seth Elsen, she would never wish this type of pain on anyone.

"Thank you" said Carolyn politely.

"My daughter was devastated." Audrey continued. "She truly cares for your son."

"So I've noticed." the dark haired mother said stiffly.

"You know if you never wake up, I'm gonna put a pen in your hand and physically make you sign those adoption papers." Mira said in a small attempt of humor when the doctor had left. He had told Carolyn and Mira that the sound of the blonde's voice must have caused some sort of reaction in him; a reaction that made him want to fight the fever.

Carolyn's face had grown significantly darker when the doctor told her that he wanted to wake up to Mira, not her or anyone else. She had walked the doctor out of the room, than decided to go out for some air.

Now the blonde sat in a chair beside the bed, watching him.

"You know," she began, looking at him them back down at her stomach. "You-you need to wake up soon. Just think, you can't have sex when you're in a coma." She tried to let out a small laugh, but it came out as more of a pathetic breath of air. Mira swallowed the whimper/sniffle that was threatening to escape her lips and lightly rested her fingertips on his forearm.