Guardian Angels

Chapter 50

Guardian Angels

"Thank God I keep this in case of emergencies!" Paige exclaimed while pulling a duffel bag out the back seat of the car. The two girls had been waiting for five minutes after calling Ava. Paige parallel parked behind Jake's truck, making it impossible for him to drive away. Plus, Sara had let the air out of his tires. It appeared that Jake was going to be in line for awhile, so they figured they had some time.

"What is it? Weapons?" Sara asked.

Paige stared at her in shock, "Weapons? Hell no!" she unzipped the bag and pulled out a single black leather boot. "Leather, girl!"

Sara tugged the bag toward her and looked inside, Paige was right; it was all leather.

"How the hell are we supposed to kill him with leather?"

"Put it on, smart one. Makes it easier to move, should he run." Paige had already set her seat into a horizontal position and began tugging off her shoes. "You're wearing a thong, right?"

Sara blushed, "Um, yes."

"Good, leather looks bad with underwear lines."

The two girls managed to change into their leather outfits without any peeping toms, thanks to Paige's tinted windows.

Paige wore a black vest with a white blouse underneath, with leather pants showing off her amazingly slender, toned body and heeled boots.

Sara wore the black leather jacket and pants. She had only worn leather for Halloween, but she had to admit that she did look pretty hot.

"You know," the curly brunette paused to let Paige apply lip gloss to her lips, then continued, "Henry texted me earlier today."

"What did he say?" Paige pulled her platinum hair into a tight bun and secured it with a scrunchie.

"He said that Jake begged his boyfriend Alec for like five-hundred dollars. I think he's running somewhere far away."

Paige scoffed in disgust, "he is such scum."

"No kidding. What kind of a guy preys on weaker girls?" Sara asked. Paige shrugged.

"A psychopath."

As they were agreeing, a sudden knock on the window caused them both to jump. Ava stood outside the car in the outfit Paige had told her to wear; leather.

Paige opened her door and got out, Sara followed.

"Thanks for coming Ava." Paige said.

"Yeah, yeah, now where is this asshole?" She asked. Much like Sara, she wore a leather jacket and pants. The boots she wore were taller than Paige or Sara's, making her 5'1 body appear less tiny. Her black hair was pulled into a high ponytail. She almost looked like Lucy Liu from the movie.

"He's in there." Sara pointed to the building across the street. Ava nodded and began heading toward it, but the other angels stopped her.

"What are you doing?"

"If we are going to kill this guy, shouldn't he at least be near us?"

"We need to wait for him to leave the building. So we are going to hide near the entrance and jump him."

Ava nodded and pulled her crossbow off the strap on her back and loaded it. "He is a dead man."

Jake tapped his foot impatiently as the moron in front of him took their sweet time ordering their ticket. He was not there to order a ticket; he was there to exchange the one he had bought out of panic.