The Betrayal

Chapter 29

Betrayal

Brian sat in an armchair watching his best friend do shots with a random girl. He leaned back in his seat and ran his hand through his thick curly hair. He had been sitting there watching his friend get drunk for the last half hour, and he it starting to worry him.

When the Seth's drinking buddy left, Brian sat next to him.

"Dude... Dude! Wanna play a drinking game?" he asked, voice slurred. Seth started to fall forward, but Brian managed to grab his shoulder and lean him back on the couch.

"You're drunk." Brian stated.

"Nooooo" Seth said sarcastically and slowly, "What gave it away?"

"Well, I've been watching you submit to alcohol poisoning for the last hour. I have to go to work soon. Give me your keys; you're in no condition to drive."

"No. I'm fine Bri Bri. Relax.... Enjoy the party. Hey!" Brian grabbed the keys out of Seth's hoodie pocket.

"Come on, I'll drive you home." When he tried to grab his inebriated friend's arm, he just yanked it back.

"No, fuck you! I came here to party and I'm gonna party!" Seth declared. Brian let out a frustrated sigh.

"Fine, I'm gonna leave. Find yourself a ride home!" he turned and left as Seth poured himself another shot.

It was at that moment that Paige Taylor chose to walk into the room. After she left Mira's, she had stopped at her house and changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a pink camisole. Paige had been spending the better part of the last half hour making out with Nick- Seth's friend who had a huge crush on her- and downing a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Even drunk, Paige managed to maintain her gracefulness and sat on the arm of the couch.

"Hey Sethy!" she said sweetly. He looked at her.

"Sup, Paige?"

The platinum blond didn't answer. Instead, she took the shot out of Seth's hand and downed it in a flash. He raised his eyebrows, impressed.

Fifteen minutes later, the two teens were a giggly mess.

"I... am so glad I came here." Paige said with a laugh, leaning her head on Seth's shoulder. They were both oblivious to all the other people in the room.

"Yeah, I needed to get away from that bitch Mira." he covered his mouth as if he said a bad word, "Oops, sorry."

Paige waved a hand at him, "Nah forget it. I don't care if she is pregnant, she is a bitch."

"And a liar!" he added. Paige raised her glass and clinked it against his.

"Yeah!" they both drank the shot, then Paige sighed heavily, "But I love her though. She's been my best friend since, like, a hundred years ago!"

Seth giggled "That's a long time."

"And now," she continued in her slurred voice, "she's acting weird. All because you had to sleep with her and now she's having a baby!"

"Not my fault!" he said defensively.

"Is so!" she giggled. He nudged her with his elbow. She nudged him back, her needle sharp elbow hitting him square in the ribs. He clutched his side in a laughing fit. "You sleep with every girl you meet!"

"I haven't slept with you." He pointed out. She grins at him.

"Thas because you could nev'r get wit me."