The Aftermath

Chapter 77

The Aftermath

Mira was lying in bed staring at the tiny figure in her arms. "Hey Lucy," She whispered. The baby was sleeping in her arms, and Mira could barely keep herself from crying. She was so beautiful, so innocent, and so perfect. How was she supposed to raise her?

Even though it was barely eight in the morning, Mira was completely exhausted, it had been a busy last few hours.

Dave and Carolyn had been the first out of the group to see Lucy. Matt and Marli had agreed that Seth's parents should meet her first. Marli was very reluctant to do this, seeing as she wanted to meet her niece. They had walked into the room with Adam and Audrey to see Seth holding the baby. He grinned at the sight of them.

"Oh Seth," Carolyn breathed, clutching her husband's arm. "She's…"

"You wanna hold her?" he interrupted. Not giving the woman time to answer, she set the child in her arms.

Carolyn shifted her arms so she could look at her granddaughter more closely. Dave stood beside her, his large hand stroking her tiny cheek.

"Meet your other grandma and grandpa, Lucy," Seth said to his daughter. Dave looked up in surprise. He didn't know what he was going to be to Lucy. He had assumed a step-grandfather.

But when his eyes met Seth's, the boy just smiled and nodded slightly, telling him that he was her grandfather.

"Is Lucy short for Lucille?" Carolyn asked.

"Lucinda," Seth answered. "Lucinda Marie Elsen."

"That's beautiful," Dave commented. Carolyn nodded in agreement and looked at her husband.

"Would you like to hold her, honey?"

Dave glanced at Seth and Mira, who smiled. Carolyn carefully set the baby into his arms.

"Hey there, little Lucy," he said gently.

Then there was Matt and Marli meeting her.

"Holy crap, she looks just like you!" Matt exclaimed. Marli stood on her toes beside him so she could look at her niece.

"Language in front of the baby!" Mira chided. Matt shook his head with a grin.

"She's just like mom already," he mumbled. Marli nodded in agreement.

"Okay, my turn!" Marli said excitedly. Matt turned to her and prepared to set the pink bundle in her arms.

"Be careful, you've never held a baby before!" Mira said worriedly. Marli scoffed and positioned her arms so Lucy could rest comfortably.

"She's so cute…" Marli cooed gently, jiggling her. "Ohh, look at those big blue eyes!"

The room was surprised at the young girl's reaction.

"Aww! Who's the cutest little girl every?" she asked Lucy. "I want one!"

Audrey stepped forward and quickly took Lucy out of her arms before she could say anything else.

Next came Leda.

"Oh my goddd," Leda exclaimed. "Chica, she is stunning." Audrey placed Lucy in her arms and Leda giggled.

"Hey little Chica," she cooed. "I'm you aunt Leda."

"Technically, you're her great aunt," Seth corrected. Leda gave him a death glare.