Chapter 48

G

"Just walked through the door" i said, to my mom on the phone, as i locked the door

"Just walked through the door" i said, to my mom on the phone, as i locked the door. We had just got back in the city from our trip, and i was dead tired, i'm pretty sure Lani was too.

"Okay, y'all come pass the house tomorrow.. i got something for Lani for her birthday" she said, as i walked up the stairs, behind Lani.

"Heard Ju.. what you doing tho?" i asked.

"Just overlooking some of the dates for this month" she said. Although Wayne was my manager, i still had my mom handle some of my shit, just cause i know she'd always make sure shit was right.  Don't get me wrong, ever since I gave Wayno the job he been doing his thing.

"I got something in NY next week right" i asked, running my hand down my face as i sat on the couch at the end of the bed.

"On the 27th, a meet and greet" 

"Who the hell signed me up for a meet and greet ma?" i asked, im really not a "meet and greet" type of nigga.

She laughed, "I did, like last month.. i think it'll be good for you"

"Come on now ma, i look like i wanna meet and greet people" 

"Gionni, your fans wanna meet you and take pictures.. you can't be like that" she said, laughing.

I sighed, "I guess" i said, kicking my boots off, as i saw Lani undressing, im guessing to shower. 

"Well im about ready to go to bed, so i'll see yall tomorrow" she said.

"Aight, love you ma" 

"I love you too son" she said, "Tell Lani, i said goodnight too" 

"Gotchu" I said, before she hung up the phone. 

I stood up, and pulled my hoodie over my head, leaving me in a polo tee. "You good?" i asked Lani.

"Just sleepy as hell" she said, pulling her hair into a bun.

"Im tired as fuck too" 

"Im about get in the shower and go right to sleep, i don't even wanna watch Tv" she said, walking into the bathroom, now without any clothes.

I got up walking into the bathroom behind her, to get in the shower too. We always took showers together, it was just a routine now. Once we were done in the shower, we did exactly what we said we would. Went straight to bed.

........

Next morning 

"Thank you boo" i said, as Lani sat my breakfast in front of me.

"Mhm, you want syrup?" 

"Yeah" i said, taking a bite of the beef bacon. "I see you making us egg whites now" i said, wondering why the change.