Chapter 52- The Trap

MacKenzie's POV

"'Flash Missing, Vanishes in crisis." Cisco reads the article.

"'After an epic street battle with The Reverse-Flash, our city's very own Scarlet Speedster disappeared in an explosion of light." Barry reads more of the article.

"Explosion?" I whisper, moving closer to Barry.

"Barry, look at the date." Caitlin says.

"April 25th, 2024." Barry says. "Guys, when I fought Reverse-Flash at Christmas, he said that we'd be fighting for centuries."

"Wait, you can't really think that this is from....the future." Caitlin hesitantly says.

"That would mean Dr. Wells, or whoever he is, is also...." Cisco trails off.

"From the future." Barry says.

"I have to say, I'm really digging the brighter red suit. And the white on the symbol? That's dope." Cisco says, then he gets nervous. "Wait a second. Suppose we now change the color on your suit. Will it be because we got the idea from this picture? That would mean we're living in a causal nexus. This—wow. This is so trippy. Like Marty and the Polaroid trippy."

"Not as trippy as the name on the byline." Caitlin says.

"Iris West-Allen?" Barry reads.

"Mazel tov?" Cisco says.

"Hebrew." A voice comes over the speaker. Caitlin and I gasp and the article disappears. "Ancient language of the Jewish people."

"Uh-uh, what the hell was that?" Cisco asks and we all look around the room, trying to find where the voice is coming from.

"Is someone here?" Barry asks. "Hello?" He calls.

A blue light shines and a hologram head appears, my jaw drops.

"Good evening Barry Allen." The head says.

"Uh...H-hi." Barry stutters. "You know who I am?"

"Of course." The head says. "Barry Allen. Director of Central City Police, CSI division."

"Director?" Barry whispers.

"I guess you get a promotion." Cisco says.

"Also known as The Flash." The head says. "Founding member of—"

"What are you?" Barry cuts her off and we slowly walk closer to the head.

"I am Gideon." The head, Gideon, says. "I am an interactive artificial consciousness."

"AI." Cisco says. "Sick."

"You know Dr. wells?" Barry asks Gideon.

"Yes." Gideon responds.

"Do you know who he really is?" Barry asks.

"I don't understand the question." Gideon says.

"I-I...mean, what is he doing here?" Barry asks, putting his hands to his head. "W-why did he come here?"

Gideon's hologram head turns into a hologram woman with a body.

"To kill you." Gideon says.

Cisco's phone buzzes.

"Wells is in the building." Cisco says.

"What? How do you know that?" Caitlin asks.

"I put a tracker on his wheelchair." Cisco says. "Which If we're wrong about him and he is paralyzed, I'm going to hell for that one. He's in the cortex, asks questions fast."