Chapter 42- Out of Time

MacKenzie's POV

"So Clyde Mardon has a brother?" Caitlin asks, looking at the mug shots on the screen after Barry told us the story of what happened with a voice recording.

"And both brothers survived the plane crash, and then the dark matter released from the particle accelerator explosion affects them both in virtually the same way." Dr. Wells says.

"Yeah, only Mark's powers seem to be a lot more precise. To be able to control the weather like that, indoors?" Barry says.

"He'd have to be a Weather Wizard." Cisco says and I face palm. "Ooh, been waiting since week one to use that one." He takes a sip of his slushee and yelps.

"Trigeminal headache?" Caitlin asks.

"What?" Cisco asks.

"Trigeminal headache. Brain freeze." Caitlin explains.

"Then why don't you just call it a brain freeze?" Cisco questions.

"So I'm guessing you running around a twister in the opposite direction isn't gonna do the trick this time." Mr. West says.

"I just remembered." Cisco says. "During our run-in with Mardon, Clyde Mardon, I was tinkering with something to help attract unbound atmospheric electrons."

"Like a grounding mechanism?" Barry asks.

"Yes. Cause the only way that Mardon can control the weather is if he can tap into the atmosphere's natural electrical circuit, and if we take away that circuit, clear skies." Cisco says as Mr. west's phone rings.

"Singh's checking in. I gotta go." Mr. West says, showing Barry his phone.

"Yeah, I'll meet you at the station." Barry says.

"Joe, we'll find Mardon. Don't worry." Dr. Wells says.

"I'm not worried at all." Mr. West says.

"Well, he's taking being targeted by a revenge-seeking metahuman rather we'll, I must say." Dr. Wells says. "Don't worry, Barry. Joe will be fine. I promise."

Cisco, Caitlin and I leave the cortex to let them talk.

***

I think I was annoying.

Cisco worked on his wand thing for stopping Mardon in another lab room and I was there. Caitlin had left to do something else and I was BORED.

I spun in circles on the spinny chair that I was sitting on. After 20 minutes of constantly doing that, I put my feet on the ground, stopping me from spinning and groaned.

"Ugh." I groan loudly.

"What?" Cisco asks, putting his tools down in frustration.

"I'm bored." I say, rolling my chair over to his desk.

"Well, I gotta finish this So we can stop the bad guy." Cisco says.

"Can I help?" I ask. I'll literally do anything, that's how bored I am. Cisco looked at me with raised eyebrows. "Please. I used to help Ronnie fix up cars, I know my way around a tool box."

"Fine." Cisco says. He hands me the metal rods and pieces and tools. "Figure Out how to connect those without blowing anything up." He tells me.

"Sweet." I say when he said something about an explosion.

I screw a bunch of pieces together and hammer some other pieces and soon, Cisco and I are working fast, side by side in sync, to make this thing and we are getting it done pretty well. When we finish, Cisco leans back.