Chapter 23-The Flash vs. Arrow

MacKenzie's POV

"Barry, bank robbery in progress." Cisco says to Barry through the coms. I watch his tracker run throughout the city on the computer screen. "Cunningham and Sampere."

"I got it." Barry says.

"Wait, that's where I bank." Caitlin says worriedly, coming over to the computers.

"Once super thieves showed up I went mattress." Cisco says.

"I don't have to worry about that. I'm broke." I say, shrugging my shoulders from my spot in the desk.

The bad guy got away or something....I don't really know, I wasn't paying attention.

Anyways later...

"Anger. Hate. Aggression." Dr. Wells says, rolling into the cortex.

"A Jedi craves not these things." Cisco says in a Yoda voice and I smirk. "No one is feeling that quote?"

"Everyone in the bank went total savage for, like, 5 minutes." Barry says, walking over to Dr. Wells. "And then they were fine again."

"Anger can be a powerful emotion." Dr. Wells states. "If this metahuman can engender irrational feelings of anger in his victims he can do a lot of damage."

"Detective West helped me get a copy of the cat scans the hospital did on everyone at the bank." Caitlin says, plugging a flash drive into the computer. "Take a look."

"Colorful..." I say with a smile.

"Well look at this, the emotion centers of the brains are still showing sings of being overwhelmed." Dr. Wells says.

"Particularly the area that controls executive function." Caitlin points out.

"Huh?" I ask. I honestly have no idea what she just said.

"It's the part of the brain that stops people from doing whatever random and potentially destructive thing that pops into their head. Caitlin explains.

"How do you think the meta does it to them?" Barry asks.

"That's the half million dollar question." Caitlin says. Barry's phone vibrates and he looks at it for a second.

"Hey, if you guys figure it out, just give me a call, Okay?" Barry says.

"Is The Flash off to another rooftop rendezvous with Iris?" Caitlin asks him and I raise my eyebrow.

"No." Barry says.

"You just lied through your teeth." I tell him.

"Fine, yea. She probably just ants to ask me- I mean, you know, him, about metahuman stuff for her blog." Barry stutters out.

"Do you want some advice?" Caitlin asks as Barry walks towards his suit.

"No matter what I say I'm getting the advice, right?" Barry asks.

"Don't get involved. As The Flash. Or yourself." Caitlin tells him. "You don't want to be the one to blame for their breakup."

"Okay. I hear you." Barry says.

He zooms out of the cortex with his suit on.

"He's not gonna listen to that." I tell Caitlin as she leans against the desk I was still sitting on.

"Yea. Probably not." She says.

***

A little later...

We were still in the cortex and it was night now. I'm currently spinning in a spinny chair, cause I'm BORED and Cisco and Caitlin still have to work.

Then, a noise sounds from the computer. Cisco runs over to check it out and connects Barry's coms to the microphone.

"Barry, you there?" Cisco asks.

"What?" Barry asks, his voice disguised.

"The police got a ping from the tracer hidden in the stolen cash." Cisco says. "SWAT team's closing in on the 1600 block of pass."

"Now stop ruining Iris' love life and go." Caitlin says.

***

A little later it was all calm in the cortex as I sat in the chair, still spinning until Barry whooped in with Felicity, whose shirt was on fire so she ended up in just her bra.

"I'm glad I decided not to go braless." Felicity gasps, covering herself with her bag. I run over to the other room and grab a shirt for Felicity.

"Hey." I say and she looks over at me. I toss the shirt to her and she catches it.

"Thanks." She says. "I'm here because of this." Felicity says, pulling out a metal boomerang type thing.

"Awesome!" Cisco exclaims, pulling the boomerang out of the bag. "What are the wings made of?"

"Not sure. I'm thinking some sort of composite or high density plastic." Felicity says.

"Reinforced with carbon fiber. Oh, that's weird. It almost feels like it's-." Cisco gets cut off by Felicity.

"Vibrating." Felicity says.

The two of them walk over to the next room to test the boomerang and geek out about how cool it is.

"Hey, you guys come up with anything new on our meta?" Barry asks, going over to Caitlin at a computer and I go over as well.

"The Officer who was affected tonight says he saw a flash of red before he lost control." Caitlin says. "I suspect the meat is inducing rage via the ocular nerve. Oh. Dr. Wells wants to see you." She says.

"Have fun with that." I tell him.

***

Barry had gone into the treadmill room to talk to Dr. Wells.

I stayed in the cortex, all quiet and calm, until the metal boomerang almost took my head off.

I was leaning against the wall outside where Felicity and Cisco were working when Cisco had the bright idea of throwing the boomerang. Idiot.

Caitlin ran out of the testing room, screaming, and the boomerang shot into the wall, just missing my head by a centimeter. And then the quakes began.

My eyes were wide and I screamed so loud I brought Barry, Dr. Wells and Mr. West out of the room, Mr. West holding his gun out.

"Cisco." I breathe.

"That's my bad. That's on me." Cisco says. "Sorry Mack." He tells me, taking the boomerang out of the wall and trying not to hit my head in the process.

Barry comes over and gives me a hug and it's then that I realized that the quakes stopped.

"You okay?" Barry whispers.

"Yea." I manage. To croak out. "Just a little freaked." I tell him.

"Well, I would be too if I almost got my head taken off." Barry says and I hug him tighter. "Hey, I'm here." Barry says, once he sees how scared I actually am.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

Hope you guys liked that chapter. Tell me what you think. Any suggestions of what should happen next or in future episodes?? Comment and vote. Next chapter up by WEDNESDAY. 

-MC