Chapter 34- The Sound and The Fury

MacKenzie's POV

Cisco was studying Hartley's gloves and I was sitting on the desk next to him for moral support, cause I actually have NO CLUE what he's doing.

Then, Caitlin walks in.

"Where's Dr. Wells?" Caitlin asks.

"I'm not sure. Barry was right." Cisco says. "Hartley was using sonic resonance. The intensity regulator's measure in decibels. But you know what's weird? He had it set to the lowest setting."

"What do you mean?" Caitlin asks him.

"Well, he could've completely destroyed his father's building if he wanted to in one blast." Cisco says.

"So why not just do it and leave? I mean, why stick around and run the risk of getting caught?" Caitlin asks.

"Cause maybe he wanted to be caught." I say.

"Shes right." Cisco says to me. He gets up and leaves the checks the computer. An alarm goes off. "Dr. Wells, there's been a pipeline breach."

"We gotta get down there." I say and I start running down to the pipeline, hearing Cisco Tell Caitlin to stay there and then I hear his footsteps behind me.

Cisco and I run to the pipeline and up to the Steele door, only for an explosion to shoot us across the room.

I don't know how I landed. It might have been on my left arm, but I wouldn't have been able to feel it anyway.

But, I didn't pass out, so that's major accomplishment.

Through my blurry vision I see Hartley leave.

I lift my body into a sitting position, seeing a BUNCH of black spots clouding my vision. I hold ,y head as the dizziness passes and the ringing in my ear continues as I wipe my nose, blood dripping down.

I look over and see Cisco, unconscious and surrounded by metal.

"Cisco." I say weakly. I crawl over to him and weakly shake his limp body. I wipe more blood from my nose and see Barry zoom in. "Barry." I say.

Barry takes Cisco and comes back for me.

"Hey, I got you." Barry says, picking me up and carrying me to the cortex.

***

My nose stopped bleeding, my ears stopped ringing, but apparently my left arm was now broken, oh fun, and I had cuts on my cheeks. Caitlin re-splinted my arm and I was adjusting my sling around my neck.

I sit on the end of Cisco's hospital bed and I see him wake up.

"Welcome back, Mr. Ramon." Barry laughs and Cisco sits up.

"Oh, oh man." Cisco groans, holding his head. "Mack. Caitlin." He says.

"Hey. They're fine." Barry says, nodding to me and Caitlin who comes over to Cisco.

"You need to rest. You have a concussion. You're lucky." Caitlin says.

"Please tell me you got him." Cisco says.

"No. I guess the attack on his family's company was a fake out so we'd catch him." Barry says.

"And give him direct access to STAR labs." Caitlin says.

"Why?" Barry asks.

"I should've known he was up to something. This is my fault." Cisco says.

"Hey, Man, This is on me too." Barry says. "I shouldn't have left before—"