Chapter 6- Fastest Man Alive

MacKenzie's POV

I walk into the lab with Barry sitting on a hospital bed and Caitlin, Cisco, and Dr. Wells around him.

"You lied to us." Caitlin says and I lean against the opening to the cortex. She walks around the bed as she yells at Barry. "How could you not tell us you're experiencing dizzy spells? We're your doctors. God knows what's going on inside your body. Your cells are in a constant state of flux. You could be experiencing cardiopulmonary failure or a transient ischemic attack."

"Okay, the only word I understood there was 'attack'" I say, walking over to Barry.

"It means a mini stroke. Probably not, though." Dr. Wells says, directing the second part at Barry.

"You of all people should know that in science, we share. We do not keep secrets." Caitlin says and then storms off.

"Wow. I haven't seen anyone make her that angry since Ronnie." Cisco says, walking after Caitlin and I look down at my brother's name.

"Ronnie was Caitlin's fiancé and Mack's brother, right?" Barry asks Dr. Wells. "The one who...died in the particle accelerator explosion." He says, looking at me and I let a couple tears slip.

"Yeah. He's....missed." Dr. Wells says.

***

Barry was taken to his training room, where he slipped off the treadmill and slammed into a bunch of boxes piled up against the wall.

***

"I've done a few calculations." Cisco says to Barry, which was kinda the only thing I understood cause these people speak all sciency stuff. "You need to consume an amount equal to roughly 850 tacos." Then, Cisco stops. "Unless we're talking cheese and guac which is like a whole other set of equations." Cisco says and then walks over to the desk to figure out the equations.

"For Mexican, I recommend Tito's. On Bruckner Avenue?" A man says, walking into the cortex. Caitlin and I share a look. "Best burrito in the city."

"Detective West." Dr. Wells greets the man and Barry sits on the bed. "What brings you to STAR labs?"

"When I could put find you at your lab, I started doing a little research." Mr. West says to Barry. Cisco and I stand in the corner and watch. "Turns out there's been reports of a red streak around the city, stopping muggers, rescuing people from burning buildings."

"You didn't tell him we were working together?" Dr. Wells asks Barry and he shakes his head.

"Joe, I can explain." Barry says.

"You already have a job in law enforcement Barry. I suggest you get back to it." Mr. West says.

"Mm-hmm." Caitlin says and West looks over at her. "Don't look at me. I'm on your side." She says and I shoot her an 'are you for real' look.

"Detective, we all want what's best for Barry." Dr. Wells says.

"If you wanted what was best for Barry you would be trying to talk him out of this lunacy instead of encouraging him going out there and risking his life." Mr. West says through gritted teeth.

"You saw a man control the weather." Barry points out. "What are the police gonna do against someone like that? Since the accelerator explosion we suspect there may be more like him."

"And you're gonna go what?" Mr. West asks. "Catch them? Are you insane? You think because you can run real fast that you're invincible? You're not!" Mr. West angrily yells and I get nervous.

And what happens when I get nervous?

That's right, the room started to lightly shake.

"Stop." I whisper to Mr. West and Barry, but they keep going.

"You're just a kid. My kid!" Mr. West yells again.

"I'm not your kid, Joe!" Barry yells back. I look over at Cisco then back at the floor as it continues to shake.

"Stop." I whisper to them again, tears coming out.

"You're not my father!" Barry continues. "My father is sitting in Iron Heights. Wrongfully convicted. You were wrong about him. And you're wrong about this!" Barry says, standing up and not caring about the shaking floor. "Now I may not be able to help him, but if I can save someone from a burning building or stopped some armed thieves, I'm gonna do it. And you can't stop me!" He yells. "So don't try."

"Stop." I whisper again, holding my hands to my head as the yelling continues and the shaking gets stronger.

"You think you're so smart." Mr. West says. "All of you. But you don't know what you don't know. And I hope that you're clever enough to figure it out before somebody gets killed." He says before walking out of the room.

As soon as Mr. West left, all attention was on me.

"What's going on?" Barry asks.

"It's her powers." Caitlin says. "She makes quakes whenever she's scared, or nervous, or angry, or anything like that." She simply puts.

"We gotta help her." Cisco says. He turns to me and tries to grab my arm but I quickly pull away and scream.

"No!" I yell, the quakes getting stronger. "I could hurt you!" I yell at Cisco.

"Mack, you just gotta relax." Cisco tells me and he tries to reach for my arm again but I pull further back into the corner of the room.

The quakes get stronger and Dr. Wells looks at the dust falling from the ceiling.

"Stop her!" Dr. Wells yells to Cisco and Barry. In a split second, Barry grabs something and injects me with it.

A sedative.

A feeling that's getting way too familiar to me.

The quakes die down as I pass out, again, into Barry's arms.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's a little late. This chaoter kinda skipped around a little. Don't forget to vote and comment and all that fun stuff. Tell me what you think. And next chapter will be up soon. 

-MC