Chapter 17- The Flash is Born

MacKenzie's POV

"Mack, come outta there, please." Cisco says through the glass to me.

"No." I say, crossing my arms in front of him. "I'm not coming out until I know I can't hurt anyone."

"Well, I need you out of there so I can test your powers." Cisco says. "I've got an idea on how we might be able to make your quakes stop." He seas and I see a smile tugging at his lips.

"Okay." I say suspiciously. "But only so you can test me."

"Good." Cisco says. "Come on, Caitlin wanted to talk to me about something.

We meet up with Caitlin and Cisco and her discuss, discuss and discuss, I don't even know what they are talking about any more.

"Check your math." Caitlin tells Cisco as we walk through the halls of STAR labs.

"Ew. Math. No thank you." I say with a smile. Then I run ahead of them to the cortex, but freeze in my steps.

There, lying unconscious and bloody on the ground was Barry. The ground starts to lightly shake.

"Barry? Cisco! Caitlin!" I yell, going over to Barry and kneeling next to him on the floor.

"Mack?" Cisco asks, coming into the cortex to see my kneeling next to Barry. "Barry?" Cisco asks.

"Barry, are you okay?" Caitlin asks, kneeling next to him to turn him over. Then, she gasps.

***

"13 fractures." Caitlin says, screwing something to Barry's hand. "That's a new record, and that's just in your hand. You also have a concussion, 3 cracked ribs and a bruised spleen. Even with your powers, you'll need a few hours to heal."

"What exactly did you hit?" Dr. Wells asks as I lightly hug Barry, hoping not to hurt him more.

"A man." Barry says, rubbing a hand through my hair. "A big, bad man. His skin changed when I hit him. Like, it turned to metal. .

"Interesting. A man of steel." Dr. Wells says.

"So you went after a metahuman alone?" Cisco asks. "Dude, why didn't you call us?"

"I didn't know what he was." Barry says, sitting up from the bed. "Besides, I was off-duty."

"Hmm." Caitlin says.

"You're lucky he didn't knock out your teeth. Those puppies don't grow back." Cisco says.

"The strange thing is...I feel like I knew him." Barry says.

"What do you mean?" Caitlin asks.

"He said something that was familiar, but he's gonna hurt someone if we don't stop him. So how do I fight a guy that's made of steel?" Barry quickly asks.

"We will find a way." Dr. Wells says, then he points at Barry. "Tonight, you heal."

"Yeah." Barry says, then he looks over at me. "How did they get you out of the cell?" He asks me.

"Cisco said he needed to test me. He said he could find a way to stop my quakes." I say.

"I said might. But I'll test them tomorrow. You need to rest." He tells Barry. "Both of you."

Barry relaxes on his hospital bed and I sit under the bed, crossing my legs under me, leaning my head on my hand.

***

"Your childhood nemesis is now an unstoppable metahuman. That is seriously messed up." Cisco says the next day in STAR labs.

"I had a childhood nemesis." Caitlin speaks up. "Lexi La Roche. She used to put gum in my hair." She cringes.

"Jake Puckett. If I didn't let him copy my homework he'd give me a swirly." Cisco says.

"Don't have one cause I refuse to go to school." I speak up.

"Yeah, we got to talk about that..." Caitlin says.

"Anyways, now that we've established that we're all Uber-nerds, what are we gonna for about Tony?"

"Glad you asked." Cisco says, smiling and walking into the treadmill room as we all follow behind him. "We're gonna train you, man, Karate Kid style." Cisco says, removing a blue curtain in front of a metal machine. "Behold." He says.

"What the..." I mutter.

"I call him Girder." Cisco says with a smile.

"For the record, not my idea." Caitlin says.

"Fighting in physics. It's not about strength, it's not about size. It's about energy and power. Channel your speed the right way and you can totally take this bad boy down." Cisco explains.

"Now, obviously your Girder is a moving target. So..." Cisco trails off, showing that the metal machine can move.

"I have ice and bandages standing by." Caitlin says.

"Please don't get hurt, Barry." I beg.

He speeds and zooms around, fighting the machine until he's slammed to the floor.

"Barry." I say, kneeling down next to him as Caitlin and Cisco just stand by and watch.

"I'm pretty sure I just dislocated my shoulder." Barry gasps.

"Well, then, relocate it." I say as if it's easy. Which I now learned it's not. Cut me some slack, people, I'm 12.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

Hope you liked that chapter. Ended on a funny note instead of Mack passing out or crying. Don't forget to vote and comment things that you think I should include in future chapters. I'm open to suggestions. Next chapter up by Wednesday.

-MC