Chapter 45- Rogue Time

MacKenzie's POV

Barry, Caitlin and Dr. Wells were in the cortex when I walked in.

"Have you guys heard from Cisco?" I ask them, stopping in the doorway. "He's not answering any of my calls and I'm kinda worried."

Barry got a phone call.

"Hey Joe." Barry says. "What's up? Cold is back?"

"Well, This day just keeps getting better, doesn't it?" Dr. Wells asks.

***

The next time I was in the cortex, we were looking for Cisco.

"There's nothing on the satellite thermography." Caitlin says and I lean over her shoulder at the computer.

"You were right. This is all my fault." Barry says.

"How is this your fault?" Caitlin asks.

"Brave heart, Barry. We'll get Cisco back." Dr. Wells says.

"I'm back." We hear from behind us and we all turn around to see Cisco.

"Cisco!" I say and I run up to him, hugging him and he pats my back.

"Oh, my God. Are you okay?" Caitlin asks, also coming over. "We were so worried." She says, giving him a hug as well.

"What happened?" Barry asks.

"How did you escape?" Dr. Wells asks.

"I didn't." Cisco says with tears in his eyes.

"Snart just let you go? Why?" Barry asks.

"He...um....he tortured my brother." Cisco says. "And he said he was gonna kill him if I didn't...if I didn't tell him..."

"Tell him what?" Caitlin asks.

"Who The Flash really is." Cisco says. "I, honestly, Man, they....they could've killed me. But they were gonna kill my brother. I couldn't let him do that." Cisco says, his voice shaking as tears come down his cheeks.

"Hey." Barry says, walking over to him.

"I'm sorry, Barry." Cisco says

"No." Barry says.

"I'm so sorry." Cisco says.

"I put you in that position." Barry says. He gives Cisco a hug. "I'm the one who's sorry."

Cisco turns and walks to the doorway before he's stopped.

"Where you going?" Barry asks him.

"I don't deserve to be here." Cisco says. "I won't be the one to put you in jeopardy. Not again. Never again."

He turns and leaves the cortex.

I turn a look at Barry, my lower lip quivering and my puppy dog eyes were huge.

***

"The casino wasn't the target." Barry says once Dr. Wells was able to get Cisco back in the cortex about an hour later.

"Then why did he do it?" Cisco asks.

"Casinos keep tons of cash on hand to cover their markers, not to mention the money that they make." Caitlin says.

"But if they're under attack, the protocol is to relocate the money outside the casino." Barry says.

"So, That was Snart's plan all along." Dr. Wells says. "To trigger the move."

"Okay. Where is it now?" Cisco asks.

***

Well, to sum it up, Barry and Snart met, they did something and Barry was now back at STAR labs in the cortex. It was late at night. Me, Barry and dr. Wells were the only people in STAR this late.

I sit on Barry's lap as I listen to him talk to Dr. Wells.

"Do you think I made a mistake letting Snart go?" Barry asks as I play with his fingers.

"I think you did what you felt was right in the moment." Dr. Wells says. "And really, Barry, that's the best any of us can hope for. Now let's be thankful the timeline remains intact."

I look up and frown.

"It's nothing, Mack. Don't worry about it." Dr. Wells tells me.

"Oh!" Barry says. "I keep forgetting. I've been meaning to ask you. It's about Simon..." Barry trails off as we see something in the computer. It was a headlong. 'Reporter Mason Bridge Missing.'

"You were saying, Mr. Allen?" Dr. Wells asks with his back turned to us.

"Uh..." Barry says, clicking some keys on the keyboard. "Nothing. Sorry." He turns the computer off and stands up, pushing me off his lap. "Come on, Mack. Night, Dr. Wells."

"Goodnight, Barry." Dr. Wells responds.

Barry grabs my hands and pulls me out of the cortex, hastily running to the elevator.

"Barry." I whisper. "What's going on?"

"Nothing. Everything's fine." Barry whispers back.

"I can't go with you. This is where I sleep." I tell him.

"You can stay at Joe's house. Let's go." Barry quickly says and we leave.

———————————————————————————————————————————————— 

Hope you liked that chapter. It wasn't very long, sorry bout that. Don't forget to vote and comment. Next chapter up WEDNESDAY.

-MC