Chapter 37

~Aya

The energy surging through my system made me feel like a totally different person, an old version replaced by a new one. I was alive, powerful and most definitely reeked of strength.

Power. He talked about the power he wanted to own but never described how good it would feel to maintain such a strength. The element Silas wanted was right in front of his eyes, with my arms open like an angel's wings and myself standing ten feet of the ground, the terror present on his face fed my hunger.

I want him to pay.

For each and every sleepless night, for the amount of tears I shed, for hurting my father, and for every drop of blood oozing out of Jace's chest. My eyes returned to Jace's, fueling in anger as I saw him lying on the floor with Vixen kneeling by his side, but both of their heads were snapped upward.

Everyone's eyes were strained on me, some in horror and some in curiosity, but Silas's nervous swallow was all I needed to unleash the lava bubbling inside of me. It was then that the force controlled my body and my mind, making me raise both hands so that Silas and his men were off the ground rising into the air, Veronica included.

The color drained from their faces, the amount of fright persisting in their eyes made it seem like their worst nightmare has come to life, and it did. I took a few steps forward, just like a person walking on water but instead walking on nothing. Absolutely nothing.

"You threatened me with my family." My voice thundered like a lightning bolt.

"You threatened me with my life." Silas's eyes widened.

"But my mate, wrong move." I hissed.

I sent them flying in various directions with such a strength that the trees cracked once they hit them. I didn't leave it there, forcing them to remain still, and more than pleased to watch their failed attempts to drop back down by kicking and thrashing. Idiots.

With a snap of my fingers, they fell to the ground and I smirked hearing the crack of a bone or two.

"Join me." Silas croaked out, trying to push himself up but the gravity seemed to take its toll on him, pulling him back down.

"You'll become the queen of all supernaturals. We'll be invincible." The nerve of this man disgusts me. He thinks that he's smart enough to be able to manipulate me with his lies, luring me by promising a grand title as if I haven't got one already.

"Shut up." I growled, letting him raise to his feet whereas the others were still lying face plant on the ground. He staggered backwards, the gravity pull making it hard for him to swiftly regain balance and stand straight.

"Watch your men die Silas, because god knows your death is going to be far worse than theirs." I seethed, his men no longer on the ground but rather on their feet, frozen in place.