Chapter 20

~Unknown

I stared closely at the picture on the desk, tracing the edges of the knife in my hand. I've been sitting here for quite some time, memorizing every inch of her face, every curve of her body.

She's such a beauty, her wide violet eyes and thick eyelashes called for attention, and were enough to make any man get lost between them.

But I wasn't any man. I yearn to see that spark of happiness in her eyes dwindle and dwindle until nothing but misery fills them. It's a shame the princess will have to endure the torture I have in store for her, the energy getting sucked out of her.

She can be used for better purposes, in bed perhaps.

I mused, holding up her picture in my other hand, glamorous thoughts running through my head. I wonder how a fragile woman as her seizes such destructive power. A power so strong it could put us all underground.

The first descendant of the merge between two kingdoms. A female, hair as black as midnight with eyes so unique, as violet as the ocean sky between dusk and dawn.

My mother's last words still echo in my mind, making their way out of her lips just moments before taking her lasts breaths. I clenched my fists as the memory carved in my brain replayed itself.

I was a kid back then, a hundred years back. In a moonless night they attacked us, the vampires, demons, witches, werewolves and angels, killing our kind.

But not all.

The women were able to hide the kids in the underground facility which couldn't be seen unless by one of us. It was not to be used unless for emergency, and when the alarm bells rang, we definitely knew we were under attack.

I was the first to get out from there, only to be stunned by the horror of the sight. My people, my parents, slaughtered. It was a massacre by all means, a bloody mess all over my kingdom.

I am the heir of the fiare throne and I want bloodshed. The same that happened with my people will happen to theirs. And to make things better, I have the element of surprise.

Of course I don't expect the princess to help me, that's why I'm planning on transferring her powers to mine. She might die once her energy's drained but that's no big deal.

"Shouldn't we take her? We've waited too long." I glanced at my longtime friend who decided to break his silence and speak his mind. I wasn't surprised really, I knew Elijah was getting impatient with waiting, he wanted vengeance as much as I did.   

"Patience, my friend, all in right time. Once prince Jace returns to his kingdom, we'll be able to strike." I grinned watching Elijah's expression turn from irritation to confusion.